Wilsons September 2018-Any one interested travel F Hounslow?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
pernisaradhi

Wilsons September 2018-Any one interested travel F Hounslow?

Post by pernisaradhi »

Hi All, My son got a place in Wilson school. My elder son is studying GCSC from Lampton school. So, I would like my son to try to travel from Hounslow to Wilson in a carpool? If anyone is thinking in same lines please join us. We already contacted few travel services. If children are 8 then they are happy to provide the service.

Please help me in this regard.
Kind regards,
Pardha
whichwitch

Re: Wilsons September 2018-Any one interested travel F Houns

Post by whichwitch »

That's one heck of a journey for that boy every day. That has to be getting on for 20 miles each way if not more through very congested roads. I do hope you are on the waiting list for a nearer school. The mind boggles at why you even applied to Wilson's from Hounslow. How will he take part in any after school activities?
pernisaradhi

Post by pernisaradhi »

whichwitch wrote:That's one heck of a journey for that boy every day. That has to be getting on for 20 miles each way if not more through very congested roads. I do hope you are on the waiting list for a nearer school. The mind boggles at why you even applied to Wilson's from Hounslow. How will he take part in any after school activities?
Thank you for your concern, yes I know we have to struggle for two years. After two years we will move to nearby school. My son dont want to miss the opportunity to study in Wilson.
CSB

Post by CSB »

If this isn’t a hoax then the sensible answer is to go by helicopter. Seriously, the alternative is sentencing your son to spending a considerable chunk of his remaining childhood going nowhere on the M25.
Last edited by CSB on Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whichwitch

Post by whichwitch »

If you have one child at Lampton which is rated outstanding why didn't your son go there too? There is no school worth that journey not even for two years. Its insane. Honestly. The only reason the Grammars get such good results is because they are selecting their intake. I would expect an outstanding comprehensive to get broadly similar results with their top set.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

pernisaradhi wrote:
whichwitch wrote:That's one heck of a journey for that boy every day. That has to be getting on for 20 miles each way if not more through very congested roads. I do hope you are on the waiting list for a nearer school. The mind boggles at why you even applied to Wilson's from Hounslow. How will he take part in any after school activities?
Thank you for your concern, yes I know we have to struggle for two years. After two years we will move to nearby school. My son dont want to miss the opportunity to study in Wilson.
I’m not sure he will cope with 2 weeks of that tbh, let alone 2 years. Looking at maps, driving even during offpeak will take well over an hour, public transport a little more. During peak times, who knows. My in laws with in Kingston, so my DH knows the area. He reckons you should maybe double the driving journey time, to allow him chance to actually get to school on time.

No School is worth that degree of stress and hassle.
liceo_classico

Post by liceo_classico »

pernisaradhi wrote:Hi All, My son got a place in Wilson school. My elder son is studying GCSC from Lampton school. So, I would like my son to try to travel from Hounslow to Wilson in a carpool? If anyone is thinking in same lines please join us. We already contacted few travel services. If children are 8 then they are happy to provide the service.

Please help me in this regard.
Kind regards,
Pardha
Hi Pardha, does Wilson organise New Parent's evening before the school start? If that's the case you may find other families coming from your area and see if you can organise the trip together. Good luck!
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Did your son also sit for Tiffin test? Was he invited to stage 2 test?
If so, consider going on Tiffin’s WL.
newto11+

Post by newto11+ »

CSB wrote:If this isn’t a hoax then the sensible answer is to go by helicopter. Seriously, the alternative is sentencing your son to spending a considerable chunk of his remaining childhood going nowhere on the M25.
I’m sorry but I don’t think you were taught - if you have nothing good to say don’t say anything at all!

Pls correct me if I’m wrong,but I noticed the OP merely asked for someone who makes a similar journey to get in touch with him ; he didn’t seek any advice on the school choice!
Apparently they made their choice based on their circumstances.So let’s not be judgemental when we are in the dark about their situation and let’s show some empathy.
I think that’s the purpose of this forum. Hope OP doesn’t shy away from using this forum in the future.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

newto11+ wrote:
CSB wrote:If this isn’t a hoax then the sensible answer is to go by helicopter. Seriously, the alternative is sentencing your son to spending a considerable chunk of his remaining childhood going nowhere on the M25.
I’m sorry but I don’t think you were taught - if you have nothing good to say don’t say anything at all!

Pls correct me if I’m wrong,but I noticed the OP merely asked for someone who makes a similar journey to get in touch with him ; he didn’t seek any advice on the school choice!
Apparently they made their choice based on their circumstances.So let’s not be judgemental when we are in the dark about their situation and let’s show some empathy.
I think that’s the purpose of this forum. Hope OP doesn’t shy away from using this forum in the future.
People are showing empathy - for the OP's DS.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now