AGS Year 7 - 2018

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Varsha2017

AGS Year 7 - 2018

Post by Varsha2017 »

Forum to discuss on Open day, Transport, AGS in general etc...
nervousmom

Re: AGS Year 7 - 2018

Post by nervousmom »

My niece was finally offered her place yesterday via an email from Warks who said they would advise their home LEA of the offer.

Have/or will AGS send a welcome letter/pack to new students containing an acceptance letter?
Last edited by nervousmom on Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
nickmill

Post by nickmill »

My niece was finally offered her place yesterday via an email from Warks who said they would make use their home LEA if the offer.

Have/or will AGS send a welcome letter/pack to new students containing an acceptance letter?

Hi nervousmum.
Our DD is also off to AGS, and in lieu of all the errors regarding allocation of places this year I rang them directly to query a few things. The lady I spoke to stated that they will write out to people only once they are sure of the intake (after everyone has accepted places and waiting lists have been sorted etc) - so no welcome pack or acceptance letter anytime soon I'm guessing! She did confirm that there will be an inset day for the new pupils and an evening for parents. Congratulations to your Niece on finally getting her place.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Thanks, I will pass that info on.

I have advised them to call AGS directly to ensure all is in order (only because worcs said they wouldn't be sending them anything out, so therefore that means they can't accept place online!)
Varsha2017

Post by Varsha2017 »

nickmill wrote:My niece was finally offered her place yesterday via an email from Warks who said they would make use their home LEA if the offer.

Hi nervousmum.
Our DD is also off to AGS, and in lieu of all the errors regarding allocation of places this year I rang them directly to query a few things. The lady I spoke to stated that they will write out to people only once they are sure of the intake (after everyone has accepted places and waiting lists have been sorted etc) - so no welcome pack or acceptance letter anytime soon I'm guessing! She did confirm that there will be an inset day for the new pupils and an evening for parents. Congratulations to your Niece on finally getting her place.
thanks. This is useful information. Believe that's correct approach too. Packs should only be out when dust settles..admission recalls for anybody is such a shame!!
Hillybilly4

Post by Hillybilly4 »

Hi Nervous mom,
I was informed yesterday after an anxious wait that my DD would be offered a place at AGS. I was told that a letter would be sent confirming this. Did you brother in law speak to Worcester county council about accepting offers ? :D
Varsha2017

Post by Varsha2017 »

On AGS site -

http://www.alcestergs.co.uk/news/?pid=3 ... toryid=125" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On Open Mornings -

From Monday 25th to Friday 29th September, parents/carers and prospective Year 7 students are welcome to join us any morning throughout the week for tours and to meet staff. No appointment necessary.

Another week of Open Mornings will be held from Monday 26th February to Friday 2nd March.

So looks like I missed March already.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Hillybilly4 wrote:Hi Nervous mom,
I was informed yesterday after an anxious wait that my DD would be offered a place at AGS. I was told that a letter would be sent confirming this. Did you brother in law speak to Worcester county council about accepting offers ? :D
Hi, congratulations, got there at least.

My brother in law did speak to worcs and it sounded like they wouldn't be sending anything, so if this is the case how can they accept the place?

I have suggested they speak directly to AGS.

Maybe if you were to worcs too (I am getting info second hand off sister in law, so some details might be lost in translation!)

If you do speak to worcs id be interested to know what they say.
ElsieM

Post by ElsieM »

Varsha2017 -
I'm sure you can phone AGS and ask to have a look round. They normally have arrangements to do this and some students will give you a tour.
Varsha2017

Post by Varsha2017 »

ElsieM wrote:Varsha2017 -
I'm sure you can phone AGS and ask to have a look round. They normally have arrangements to do this and some students will give you a tour.

Oh ok. That will be great!! thanks
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now