Transport

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
anhetaahmed

Transport

Post by anhetaahmed »

Hi
I would like to know if there is some direct transport from romford or hornchurch or guidea park to shoeburyness high school.
Thanks
ToadMum

Re: Transport

Post by ToadMum »

anhetaahmed wrote:Hi
I would like to know if there is some direct transport from romford or hornchurch or guidea park to shoeburyness high school.
Thanks
Short answer - no

Although Shoeburyness is a member of the CSSE and therefore has some non catchment based selective places available, it is predominantly the catchment comprehensive school for Shoeburyness. I can't imagine that there are many, if any, students there from as far away as Romford. Presumably your DC scored at least 303 in the CSSE test? Did you name the school as first preference on your CAF?

If your DC is offered a place, the school is about a fifteen minute walk from Thorpe Bay station on the C2C line, so easy enough to get to once you get to Upminster (District line from Hornchurch or Overground from Romford). If your DC doesn't fancy the walk, the Arriva routes 1, 7 and 8 stop at Thorpe Bay and near the school. The 7 / 8 stops outside the school on Caulfield Road, but the 1 is more frequent; there is a path through from Delaware Rd which is normally locked, but I assume is accessible at the start and end of the school day.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
anhetaahmed

Post by anhetaahmed »

Thanks for the help

My DS has 309 but I put SHSB as first choice. Basically he qualifies for Illford county also but I think they don't take outside catchment at all.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

anhetaahmed wrote:Thanks for the help

My DS has 309 but I put SHSB as first choice. Basically he qualifies for Illford county also but I think they don't take outside catchment at all.
What order did you actually put school in, on your CAF? 309 for SHSB OOC is pretty optimistic, tbh and no, Redbridge are pretty clear on their website that they have never needed to offer OOC within living memory (notwithstanding the fact that until they were called out on the practice, legality-wise, a few years ago, the message used to be that you couldn't even apply if you were OOC :shock: ). However, 309 for a selective place at Shoeburyness is quite promising, so if you ranked those schools in that order, that may well be what he gets on Thursday.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
anhetaahmed

Post by anhetaahmed »

Hi

Finally my son got selective place in Shoeburyness high school.
Does any one know about any coach or other direct transport from hornchurch till there please.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

anhetaahmed wrote:Hi

Finally my son got selective place in Shoeburyness high school.
Does any one know about any coach or other direct transport from hornchurch till there please.

Congratulations :) .
But seriously, I would be absolutely flabbergasted if there was a coach from anywhere so far away, as I have already indicated - but you could call the school on Monday to ask them if any students travel from your area and if so, how they get there? With hindsight, perhaps this is something you could have discussed with nice Mr Schofield or other members of staff at the open evening.