RHS waiting list offers any information?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Snair

RHS waiting list offers any information?

Post by Snair »

Hello all,
Just wondering does anyone have any information about the waiting list offers for RHS? My DD's place went down in the WL , so if it's after placement offers, then there's lots of errors happened which makes it double hard for parents like us. Heard about some WL offers for other schools in the forum. So if anyone heard anything please any information will be useful.
Thanks
Snair
PettswoodFiona

Re: RHS waiting list offers any information?

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Sorry to hear your anguish and hope someone comes along who knows the school, but I just wanted to clarify that waiting list positions can go down due to other reasons other than errors. For example people making a late application, people changing their preference etc.

In our area for example there have been a number of people who had expected to get a particular grammar school based on past five years distance but didn't and now they’ve added themselves to other wait lists that were not even on their original CAF as they thought they’d get that particular school without a problem. Thus if they are closer to the other grammar school on their waitlist than those who were on it previously it pushes those others further down. Same concept applies for scores.

Good luck
Snair

Post by Snair »

Thank you for a bit of clarification, I didn't know there's this possibility. Thank you. Just preparing ourselves for when the hammer comes down hard. DD is being a godsend now and shows a very resilient front. Such a relief..
Thanks
Snair
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

If you look at the 'admissions timeline' for Warwickshire (or most LEAs), you will see that late applications are eligible for inclusion after the initial allocation of places and to comply with the Admissions Code, waiting lists have to be ranked in the same oversubscription criteria order in which the initial allocation of places was made.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
sportsforall

Post by sportsforall »

@snair

Any news? Hope you have a place or are closer to the top of the waiting list.
Snair

Post by Snair »

Hi Sportsforall ,
No nothing, my DD didn't move a.single place after 1st round of allocation, she still was no.8 on waiting list. I don't think we will be offered a place. Marks doesn't count at all I think, only where you live. We have started appeal process. Will see what happens.
Thank you
Snair
Sosalou

Post by Sosalou »

Hi Snair
I really understand how you must be feeling right now because I think we are in a similar position to you. Our application was classed as late because we didn't receive the letter requesting proof of address. Our DD got 229 and is 12th on the waiting list. We have been advised to appeal and so we have done so but we are not hopeful because we have also been told that our grounds for appeal are not strong.
Snair

Post by Snair »

Hello Sosalou,
So there's more people out there like us, so that makes it hard for all I think. Our DD scored 248 but we are in priority area not priority circle, so since the start she moved down a place rather than going up. After that no movement at all. RHS was our only grammar school option, as all others are difficult to travel to. She got in to local comprehensive, which was our second choice. As you we didn't receive our letter requesting POA. Will see what happens. I have lost faith in the process. Now it's just plodding along.
Snair
sportsforall

Post by sportsforall »

Will keep fingers crossed for your DD Snair
sportsforall

Post by sportsforall »

Brief conversation with DD this am - she said there have been about three new starters during the school year and that one tutor group started September with 28 rather than 30 and very quickly two new pupils joined. That may give you some more hope of movement on the waiting list. I am referring to RHS.