Evesham to AGS Private Bus Transport

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Setu786

Evesham to AGS Private Bus Transport

Post by Setu786 »

Hi All,

Is there any Private Bus transport between Evesham to AGS?

Can I get help from Worcestershire council for school transport service to AGS??

I know there is a Diamond Bus 247 but I am looking for any other transport.

Many thanks in advance.
kenyancowgirl

Re: Evesham to AGS Private Bus Transport

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Did you look here?

http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/info/2 ... assistance" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It appears unlikely if AGS is not your designated or nearest school. If there is public transport, why would you not use that?
Setu786

Post by Setu786 »

kenyancowgirl wrote:Did you look here?

http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/info/2 ... assistance" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It appears unlikely if AGS is not your designated or nearest school. If there is public transport, why would you not use that?
Thanks for reply.

Already checked on Worcestershire website and AGS is not listed there.

So I am not sure that they have any arrangement for AGS transport.

I am ok with Public transport, but it's arrived AGS daily at 850am and I am concerns if it's late.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I would have thought that 8.50am was too late, even if it was on time.....What time does their first lesson/registration start?

When you thought about applying to AGS, how did you think your child would get there each day? What travel options had you already looked at as being feasible?

What I am saying is, surely you had looked into all this before you listed AGS on your CAF?
Setu786

Post by Setu786 »

kenyancowgirl wrote:I would have thought that 8.50am was too late, even if it was on time.....What time does their first lesson/registration start?

When you thought about applying to AGS, how did you think your child would get there each day? What travel options had you already looked at as being feasible?

What I am saying is, surely you had looked into all this before you listed AGS on your CAF?
Registration start at 8.50am.

I already have some arrangement for transportation to AGS so I am not worried that much.

But I am still looking for some private school bus which I know its run between Evesham to St Benedict's Catholic High School, Alcester (Also drop of to AGS).

Thanks
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

That's my point. If registration is at 8.50am, your child needs to be in school before 8.50am anyway. So you are right to be worried about the bus running late. Even if it got in at 8.50, by the time they got to their registration room they would be late.

I am glad you already have transportation worked out, in case you don't get information on a private bus service, or it proves too expensive. It is REALLY important that parents who are thinking about applying to GS make sure that there are viable transport options before they bother applying, as you know, because it is obviously daft to realise after you get a place that you cannot actually get your child to the school on time!! So well done for already having transportation....
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

According to this timetable (which I assume is current, since 'note 1' says until some date in July 2018?), the bus stops opposite AGS at 0845?

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sourc ... d_KXAatpYh

It would seem odd to have a bus specifically stopping at schools but deliberately just too late for registration. If the bus frequently runs late, have the HTs of the schools concerned not spoken to the bus company about it? A route serving at least one secondary school must be a good source of income for the bus company, so rather silly to jeopardise this. When a timetable change by one of our local bus companies resulted in problems for the scores of students at DD's old school having problems with the onward journey from one of the railway stations to the school, the HT was straight on to it and the timetable was adjusted.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
sparkles18

Post by sparkles18 »

You will need to contact Worcestershire CC for the vacant seat scheme for the bus to St Benedict's school bus which you will have to pay for if there is a seat available.

I found this link from 2015 which may help:

file:///Users/user/Downloads/2015_09_07_Timetable_EWY016_EV12.pdf

I know that the Harvington collection is still 8.30am at present so arriving at AGS would be 8.44am as stated.