advice regarding extenuating circumstances

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

parentadvice2017

advice regarding extenuating circumstances

Post by parentadvice2017 »

Good Morning

Just about to send off selection review request email with the supporting academic evidence etc and have found advice very helpful from other threads but would appreciate some advice regarding extenuating circumstances.

The night before DD sitting 11plus DD's younger sibling had a very disturbed night resulting in DD being woken twice- not ideal :| As DD did not seem exhausted the next morning she sat test as planned.

As we obviously cannot provide proof of the above is it best to just not mention at all?
There are no other exceptional extenuating circumstances and the above issue is the only thing I am aware of that could have impacted her performance on the day.

Thank you in advance for any advice you can offer
Etienne

Re: advice regarding extenuating circumstances

Post by Etienne »

Welcome! :)
parentadvice2017 wrote:The night before DD sitting 11plus DD's younger sibling had a very disturbed night resulting in DD being woken twice- not ideal :| As DD did not seem exhausted the next morning she sat test as planned.
I don't think it would do any harm to mention it if you keep it as brief and concise as above
- but if "DD did not seem exhausted", and the school was unaware of any problem, I can't see it being given any weight.

If the score was 120, it probably won't matter.
The further away from 121, the greater the need is likely to be for some convincing exceptional circumstances.
Etienne
parentadvice2017

Quick query re: Bucks online appeal form

Hello I appreciate with the 28th March deadline looming everyone is very busy but would someone be able to help me with my quick query?
I feel I need more time to prepare my written statement /evidence, obviously the online Bucks appeal form has to be completed by 2pm on 28th but would it be acceptable to state 'Details of case to follow' in the space given for explaining reasons why your child is suitable for grammar school and then submit my appeal letter and evidence in one complete batch by mid April?
I realise this question has probably been asked before but having trawled through lots of posts couldn't see it.

Many thanks iin advance for any advice :D
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

hi - there is some info here on sending evidence in later :

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

In addition to Herman's helpful post, there is some specific guidance for Bucks about the wording that could be used:
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 51#p658826" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
parentadvice2017

Many thanks Herman and Etienne for such prompt replies, much appreciated!
Trying not to let the appeal process completely consume me, hubby says it's turning me into a bit of a crocodile :shock:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now