PAN vs actual

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
KT36

PAN vs actual

Post by KT36 »

Hi - please can anyone help me find out actual numbers of pupils in register each year at GS? Interested to know RGS and JHGS. Thanks.
Guest55

Re: PAN vs actual

Post by Guest55 »

Any students over PAN will have got in on appeal - Jan 2018 census data should be available from the LA.
KT36

Post by KT36 »

Guest55 wrote:Any students over PAN will have got in on appeal - Jan 2018 census data should be available from the LA.
I know they’d only go over with successfull appeals, was interested to know which schools have historically done this.

I can’t find details on the BCC website, probably looking in wrong place :?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

As at January 2017 (Jan 2018 numbers haven't yet been published, but will be included in the Appeals paperwork when it is sent out.)

For JHGS:

Y7 upwards (PAN 150)
158 154 150 155 148

For RGS:

Y7 upwards (PAN 182 + 10 boarding places)

193 197 203 200 196

Please don't waste your time trying to defeat the schools' cases. There will be so many appeals for South Bucks schools this year that there is no hope whatsoever of overturning the schools' cases at Stage One of the appeal. Focus your efforts entirely on Stage Two - the case for your son.
KT36

Post by KT36 »

Thank you Sally Anne
Can I just check, are those figures for 2017 yr 7, 8, 9, 10, 11?

I know it’s an uphill battle this year. We had similar appeal for older DS a few years ago and managed to beat school at stage 1. Doubt we’ll be so lucky a second time.

If we appealed for 2 schools, are they totally independent appeals?

Many thanks.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

KT36 wrote:Can I just check, are those figures for 2017 yr 7, 8, 9, 10, 11?
Yes, they are.
If we appealed for 2 schools, are they totally independent appeals?
Ditto!
sparklies

Post by sparklies »

I've not been able to find that information on Bucks' site, unless I'm looking in the wrong place! Obviously I'm interested in CGS - which was undersubscribed (or close to it) until a few years ago.

Out of interest, I know they give ten working days notice of appeal (and then you have to submit the rest of your docs right away) but realistically, when do the appeals tend to start? We're away over Easter, although that's not to say I can't spend my evenings on holiday working on our appeal! The "stub" is in and we have a case number.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

sparklies wrote:I've not been able to find that information on Bucks' site, unless I'm looking in the wrong place! Obviously I'm interested in CGS - which was undersubscribed (or close to it) until a few years ago.
It isn't published on the BCC website. The data is circulated to schools at around this point in the year.
Out of interest, I know they give ten working days notice of appeal (and then you have to submit the rest of your docs right away) but realistically, when do the appeals tend to start?

You must be given 10 school days notice of the appeal, but usually it would be considerably more than that.

I doubt that any appeals will be heard this side of half term, simply because of the sheer volume of cases. However, to be on the safe side, you should aim to have your case ready by the start of May.
sparklies

Post by sparklies »

Thank you! Am I right in understanding that we'll get that information with our appeal paperwork when it arrives?

I think I will wait until April 10th before putting everything together, just in case we get lucky with the waiting list. I've done half of it (the SEN-related) already, so it's just the other things I can think of left. I think the SEN stuff was the major stuff anyway.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Hi again S-A,

Back again. Do you have that pan info for the current Y8in CHS and SHFS please.
We will be going down the appeal route this time.