CUT OFF SCORE

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
isymum

CUT OFF SCORE

Post by isymum »

My daughter scored 224. I was told originally she should secure place for KEHG, but yesterday we got offered SGG instead. What are the chances she will be offered Handsworth, or will she have to stay with Sutton?
When I spoke to admissions in Feb they advised that with that mark she should comfortably get into Handsworth. She is a gutted as she did not secure that place. Any advise would be helpful. I was thinking of contacting and asking what number on waiting list she is on.
Any suggestions?
quasimodo

Re: CUT OFF SCORE

Post by quasimodo »

isymum wrote:My daughter scored 224. I was told originally she should secure place for KEHG, but yesterday we got offered SGG instead. What are the chances she will be offered Handsworth, or will she have to stay with Sutton?
When I spoke to admissions in Feb they advised that with that mark she should comfortably get into Handsworth. She is a gutted as she did not secure that place. Any advise would be helpful. I was thinking of contacting and asking what number on waiting list she is on.
Any suggestions?
There is no need for your dd to be upset.In the coming weeks your dd will be getting an offer from KE Handsworth as her score means she is towards the very top of the waiting list.You have a very good grammar in SCGSG and in the coming weeks your dd will receive an offer from the school she wants to go to.Good Luck and well done to your dd.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
isymum

Post by isymum »

Thanks for reply that helps a lot. Yes we are happy she got into one of the schools, and you are right SGGS is a good school too, as we have a few friends daughters that go there.
My daughter knows of a few friends who have secured into KEHG, therefore was gutted she did not get in. I guess if she gets in great, if not she still has SGGS.
Do the movements go well from the waiting list though?.
OldTrout

Post by OldTrout »

Hi isymum

Quasi is absolutely right - your DD is smack on the cutoff score for KEHG and probably within the top 5 or 10 positions on the waitlist (will depend on distance now for each waitlist score).

To do list

Accept the place offered at SGG

Find out waitlist position from Foundation office or Birmingham CC

Keep in contact with Birmingham/ Foundation but know eventually an offer will be sent. (You can help this forum by updating your waitlist positions)

Accept KEHG but also tell SGG you are giving up that place - remember that another child and their family will want that place and will have been waiting too. Once SGG know you have given up the place they can offer it to another child.

HANG IN THERE

And well done to your DD! Assure her it will be a bit of a wait but she will be going to KEHG in September.
isymum

Post by isymum »

Thanks for the encouragement That is really helpful
Will the foundation office shed any information at this stage as it is clear not be contacted regarding waiting lists until the 26th March. I really appreciate your encouraging advise that has really helped. It is a waiting game now, I guess for KEHG to let us know if only, so yes we can let SGGS know as I can imagine another family must be anxious for their daughter to get into that school.

Many thanks :P

Quasi is absolutely right - your DD is smack on the cutoff score for KEHG and probably within the top 5 or 10 positions on the waitlist (will depend on distance now for each waitlist score).

To do list

Accept the place offered at SGG

Find out waitlist position from Foundation office or Birmingham CC

Keep in contact with Birmingham/ Foundation but know eventually an offer will be sent. (You can help this forum by updating your waitlist positions)

Accept KEHG but also tell SGG you are giving up that place - remember that another child and their family will want that place and will have been waiting too. Once SGG know you have given up the place they can offer it to another child.

HANG IN THERE

And well done to your DD! Assure her it will be a bit of a wait but she will be going to KEHG in September.[/quote]
isymum

Post by isymum »

Accepted offer for SGGS today and sent off the letter. Called the foundation office today, and they said that DD Mark is the benchmark but we should hopefully get a place by end of month. Will keep you updated
isymum

Post by isymum »

just to keep you all updated called the consortium office, to find out. they told me daughter is number 3 for KEHG.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

I think you can be pretty confident of an offer very soon.

Good luck
isymum

Post by isymum »

nervousmom wrote:I think you can be pretty confident of an offer very soon.

Good luck
Fingers crossed thank you
isymum

Post by isymum »

got a call from KEHG, daughter been accepted, that was quick we thought we would be waiting at least 2 weeks or so, Daughter is so happy