Information request on Hadleigh area

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Golden_Jubilee

Information request on Hadleigh area

Post by Golden_Jubilee »

Hi all, we are moving to Leigh-on-sea area as DD is starting at SHSG this Sept. After viewing some properties in the area, we liked the Hadleigh area (around Highland Blvd, Scrub Lane, Blenhim Chase). Some of these properties' address show it as Benfleet. Please can someone advise how is this area? People suggest south of London Road but we liked properties north of London Road, close to Arriva bus route 1 and 27. Thanks a lot.
Last edited by Golden_Jubilee on Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guest55

Re: Information request on Hadleigh area

Post by Guest55 »

Yes, the postal address is Hadleigh, Benfleet officially. The London Road (A13) can be quite busy but there are some nice quiet roads around there.

Have a look on google street view and do visit the area.
Golden_Jubilee

Post by Golden_Jubilee »

Thank you Guest55.

I have visited the areas three times already and have seen few properties both sides of London road. North side houses look better than south with more open space in the street, parking, bigger garden etc. However, I am unsure if the higher price towards south is just because closeness to station or because something else. That is my main confusion.
thankgoditsover

Post by thankgoditsover »

Hi I live in Hadleigh and my dd attends shsg. We live north of the London road, have been here since 1999. Bus route at the top of the road however as I drop my dh and older dd at Leigh station for work my other dd gets the c2c to Southend east for shsg. It’s a great area with some excellent primary schools if you have any younger children. Feel free to pm me :D
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

We've been in Leigh (the other end, though, near Chalkwell station) for over twenty years and I've never had It suggested to me that I should worry about straying over the border into the wild world of Castle Point :lol: .

DD's suggestion was that since 'Hadleigh is full of old people' (??? :shock: ), there might be an undercurrent of fear that something could snap between them and the enormous concentration of adolescents that is the King John School and SEEVIC.

She was joking, btw :lol:

(Her first suggestion was that the main danger was probably from dying of boredom (apologies, thankgoditsover)...).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Golden_Jubilee

Post by Golden_Jubilee »

Thank you thankgoditsover and Toadmum. Very helpful. I was worried after my last visit. We don't mind older population as we live in similar area at the moment and find it quite peaceful. As long as the area is safe for my DD to walk to home from bus/train stations when it is dark during winter days, I am happy....thanks again.

thankgoditsover - I will send you pm to find out more on travel to SHSG.