Post by Caveman47 »

Kenyancowgirl...lol

That's funny.

Yeah true hermanmunster.
Allgood

Re: BWWW waiting list 2018 - current status

Post by Allgood »

Hi all
Newbie here, my son got 219 he is number 24 BV. He was allocated a place at Handsworth Grammar, yesterday we received a letter from king Edward Aston yesterday offering him a place. we might turn it down as we are hoping for a place at BV.
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

Allgood wrote:Hi all
Newbie here, my son got 219 he is number 24 BV. He was allocated a place at Handsworth Grammar, yesterday we received a letter from king Edward Aston yesterday offering him a place. we might turn it down as we are hoping for a place at BV.
Is Handsworth your preferred school to Aston? If it is, turn down Aston so somebody else can accept the place.

If you prefer Aston to Handsworth then accept Aston and free up a Handsworth place.

If you don't get offered Vesey then you will need Aston or Handsworth as your alternative though so accept one or the other just in case.
Allgood

Post by Allgood »

Yes, we have decided to go with the one that is easier to get to. Thanks
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

Handsworth?

Congratulations on your offers - you have a great choice in HGS and have that possibility with the BV waiting list.

somebody else on the Aston w/l will now get an opportunity which may also impact on the HGS list.

Good luck :-)
Allgood

Post by Allgood »

Thank you! Yes Handsworth... we are not to far from BV, so hoping he gets in.
bucketbarlow123

Post by bucketbarlow123 »

Our son is 22nd on the waiting list for Vesey with a score of 219. We live 1.5 miles away from the school.

We are hopeful he should get an offer with this - any advice/thoughts welcome!

thanks
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

bucketbarlow123 wrote:Our son is 22nd on the waiting list for Vesey with a score of 219. We live 1.5 miles away from the school.

We are hopeful he should get an offer with this - any advice/thoughts welcome!

thanks
Based on the last few years it seems like you should be looking at an offer around May. The list went into the 40s in July.

Good luck

Bishop Vesey
218 is 12th on 21 March, OFFERED 30 MARCH
217 is 16th on 21 March, 1st on 30th March, OFFERED 5 APRIL
215 is 44th, OFFERED 17 July
Macmum

Post by Macmum »

Hi

As of this morning, my son is 15th on QMGS waiting list (from 20th), with a score of 334.

I was told that because we're not under Walsall LEA, if any offer was to be made, it would come from the home authority (in our case Wolves). Just posting in the hope that it might help someone down the line as info for QMGS is quite sparse in terms of waiting lists.

If only 5 places have been offered so far, I can't see any way of it going down a further 15 places.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Macmum wrote:Hi

As of this morning, my son is 15th on QMGS waiting list (from 20th), with a score of 334.

I was told that because we're not under Walsall LEA, if any offer was to be made, it would come from the home authority (in our case Wolves). Just posting in the hope that it might help someone down the line as info for QMGS is quite sparse in terms of waiting lists.

If only 5 places have been offered so far, I can't see any way of it going down a further 15 places.
Remain positive and hopeful.Its still early days yet.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln