Bexley Eleven Plus 2018

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
daddyof3

Bexley Eleven Plus 2018

Post by daddyof3 »

Hello Everyone

Our DC will be sitting the Bexley 11+ in September. Maybe we could use this thread to talk about the highs and lows of this exciting and sometimes frustrating 11+ journey.
sobz70

Re: Bexley Eleven Plus 2018

Post by sobz70 »

Hi there, yes DD2 is also sitting this September, am feeling nervous! DD1 attends Newstead but as there is no sibling priority and if DD2 just passed the Bexley test- I was hoping she may get into Townley however this year the catchment area of Townley reduced so much that we may not fall into it next year and that is worrying me! Fingers crossed she will pass Newstead then!
daddyof3

Post by daddyof3 »

Hello Sobz70

Welcome

I know how you feel. It is such an emotional journey. We have DC1 in DGS. Time seems to be racing along. How is the prep going?
sobz70

Post by sobz70 »

The prep is slow but steady, she is still weak in some area- just hoping she passes at least one exam - even DGGS is fine as it is not too bad to travel from where we live (Greenwich)
Time flies too quickly- how is your prep going? Hope to see more parents on this chat too!
ronkevso

Post by ronkevso »

Hello Everyone

We are also hoping to take the Bexley/ Kent eleven plus in September. We are currently trying to address weaker areas. We are hoping for any of the Bexley grammar schools. DD is not always enthusiastic about revising.

Best Wishes
daddyof3

Post by daddyof3 »

Hello everyone
It's very quiet here. The prep is going so so. There are so many resources out there, its hard to know which one is best.
neverdie

Post by neverdie »

Maybe an idea to do mock exams now ... last year we attended a string of these which done excellent value £25 per hour....very realistic to the the real thing
PeppermintCreams

Post by PeppermintCreams »

Hello!

The Bexley Selection registration is meant to be open today. I can't find it on the website yet. I wanted to get it over and done with!

ETA: It's now up. Big green button on this page: https://www.bexley.gov.uk/services/educ ... tion-tests" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :lol:
Nkem

Post by Nkem »

Thanks fr the info
Firefly 09

Post by Firefly 09 »

Good Evening all. Just registered on here after looking at the forum a few times before now. It's always been so useful to get tips and reassurance. My son is due to take the test this September and will also take the Kent test too. The practise is going okay but he's not really embracing it!
The shuffled sentences are tricky but overall he is doing okay
It's fast approaching though!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now