DAO Rank allocations 1st March 2018

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Guest55

Re: DAO Rank allocations 1st March 2018

Post by Guest55 »

I find it strange that they are levelling with the old NC though ...

I don't regard QE as a good school ... I would never send my son there.

Teaching triangles do exist in comps you know! Many LAs just do not have any GS.
ale21279

Post by ale21279 »

Daogroupie wrote:The academic waiting list has moved five spaces so the last rank to get in is now 115.

The music list has not moved at all and remains on rank 13.

Movement compared to other schools is as follows:

QE 12 places
Parmiters 9 places
Latymer 8 places

Compared to previous years at DAO 5 spaces is very slow movement. By March 23rd last year the waiting list had reached 145, 16 places higher than the 129 rank of March 1st.

It then went another 13 places by the end of July.

This year looks far more like 2015 when it reached 120 on May 18th and did not move again.

The average move over the past few years has been 13 places so I hope it will reach the mid 120s but it is not looking good at this point.

I don't think it will reach into the 130s this year but I would love to be wrong.

DG
So in other words, out of the 1067 children who sat the test this year, only the top ~10% got a place?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

There will have been many who did not apply, who were just using the test as a mock and others who were using it as a backup for another school.

However on paper only those on Rank 115 and higher out of the 1067 that sat the text have currently ranked high enough for a place. DG
Trakka

Post by Trakka »

Daogroupie wrote: Another had not been there two years.

DG
Seems you can get in if you haven't lived there for 2 years before applying. Think it's just if someone has previously lived in the property and applied within the last 2 years. Quote from the guidance on the site:

Indicators suggesting that the address may not be a permanent address:

The address of the applicant given on the Application form is the same address as any other applicant (under criteria 2 and 7) in the last two years
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

The DAO ranks have moved one more place from 115 to 116.

This time last year it was on 146 so it had moved 30 more ranks by this time last year. DG
JAN

Post by JAN »

It's all quite depressing for those of us on waiting lists. Daogroupie - You mentioned that it was slow like this in 2015. How does it compare with that year at the same point?

Btw - I've been told that Latymer have gone down to 12 on the waiting list now.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

HBS has jumped ten places in one go from 16 to 26.

That is ten percent of the places that have been given up in this round.

QE boys has not moved from 12 which was the first round even though there was supposed to be a second round in late April.

In 2015 the last rank to get a place at DAO was Rank 120 on 18th May and then it did not move again. The last rank to get in on allocation day was Rank 107 so it moved 13 ranks.

We are only two weeks away from that date and the waiting list has only moved Six places in eight weeks.

The average movement over the past ten years has been around 12 ranks bearing in mind some of the ranks are missing as parents have chosen other schools.

I know two students in the late 120s and I do not think the waiting list is going to reach there this year.

If this year is following the pattern of 2015 it will move 13 ranks to Rank 123.

However there may be ranks missing and other families might decide to stick with their second choice so it could perhaps reach Rank 125.

I do not think it will reach the late 120s this year.

This is of course all speculation as we are in the hands of others and we have no idea about their plans. DG
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

This is 2018, any reason why DAO WL would follow 2015 pattern?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

No, but it has already. Did not go down very far in the ranks on allocation day and not much movement in the first eight weeks.

HBS has now had its big movement and QE does not seem to be moving so where is the big movement now going to come from?

Last year movement was triggered by QE adding 12 spaces. This year that has already happened. DG
JAN

Post by JAN »

I know it's all speculation, but based on previous years how far do you think the Latymer list will go? (I know this is the DAO thread but there doesn't seem to be any comment on the Latymer thread.)

I don't really understand how it all works. If some of the girls who have just got places at HBS previously accepted Latymer places, how much lag will there be before the list starts moving again?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now