Continued Interest list round 2

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
watfordmum2018

Re: Continued Interest list round 2

Post by watfordmum2018 »

Afnankhan sorry to hear that. I take it you have looked through all the old posts and the stats sticky thread to determine the chances. I hope someone can give you more help.
Phoenix1000

Post by Phoenix1000 »

Hi watfordmum2018. Are you able to say what number you are on the list now? Hopefully in the next few weeks there will still be movement. I know of people last year being offered places at the end of May/June time so don't give up hope. Are you happy with your allocated school?
watfordmum2018

Post by watfordmum2018 »

Hello Phoenix1000, Thank you. We are close to the top of the list now and so trying to feel positive our chances. Our allocated school is a local comprehensive. We are content with it if it doesn't work out for us with Parmiter's. Did you get the school you wanted?
Rab20

Post by Rab20 »

I’m finding the lack of movement quite dispiriting. We still have none of our four where’s last year we would have got them all. I live in North Watford which has no ‘local’ school as such and wouldn’t consider the school that most of his year are going to.

I kept getting told ‘there’s loads of movement don’t worry’. I’m not feeling that there’s loads of movement at the moment....
Afnankhan

Post by Afnankhan »

watfordmum2018 wrote:Afnankhan sorry to hear that. I take it you have looked through all the old posts and the stats sticky thread to determine the chances. I hope someone can give you more help.
Thank you Watfordmum2018 , just bad luck this year, otherwise every year it went down by 3-4 marks but we r only 1 mark away but no movement at all.

Most depressing thing z that someone in my DS class got admission in WBGS with 30 marks less then my DS but on the basis of distance and my information z that they used a fake address, their relatives address as they live near by.
But anyways my DS worked hard and it will be rewarded back sometime.
I m still positive and hopeful for everyone
Musicmum11

Post by Musicmum11 »

Hi Rab- which schools are you waiting for?

The lack of movement is rather depressing I have to say.....
sparklies

Post by sparklies »

There really doesn't seem to be much anywhere. I gave up a space at an over-subscribed Hertfordshire comprehensive just before this round, but the distance hasn't increased. The number of siblings has though, by two (the other freed space was a SEN one). I'm trying to imagine a scenario where a sibling has suddenly now decided they do want to go to their big brother/sister's school after all and didn't before. Siblings have priority over distance etc for this school.

Out of curiosity, I wonder what the Parmiters cut-off is now, and what the initial lowest position was that has now got in? (inner)

Anyway, I continue to wish you all luck and will keep following as I would love to hear positive news from you all!

Poppy - did you hear anything yesterday?
Rab20

Post by Rab20 »

We are waiting on Queens, Bushey Meads, Croxley Danes and Rickmansworth. My son had a bad day and didn’t do as well as expected but normally the high 100’s would gain you entry to all the mid tier schools. Our address makes Bushey Meads and Croxley Danes an issue.

I was so disappointed in his score but thought it would be good enough, now it seemingly isn’t good enough I could cry. He worked so hard and was getting great results on test papers but it’s so true that the exam day is all that matters.

I have a daughter in year four and am struggling to find enthusiasm to do it all again when I was expecting a sibling place.
Musicmum11

Post by Musicmum11 »

Oh I'm sorry Rab20 - it is so disheartening. Maybe people who have private school places are still hanging on to their state school places?

We are still waiting......
Rab20

Post by Rab20 »

Thank you.

Good luck everyone and hopefully we will all get the magic phone all between now and September.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now