U12 rugby tour ideas

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
onthefence

U12 rugby tour ideas

Post by onthefence »

Sorry for the random thread. I am taking a gamble that a cross section of the parents who are engaged enough to look on an 11 plus forum may also be the kind of parents that get roped into volunteering to organise things. I am looking for a starting point for next year's U12s rugby tour for my son's club. We are looking to go no more than 1 1/2 hours from the borders of Gloucestershire, probably just for one night (game on Saturday and on Sunday) with an activity on Saturday afternoon, probably outdoorsy. Price is probably an issue, we want to be as inclusive as possible and the whole family tends to go along for most children so there has been up to 70-80 of us including children of all ages. Has anyone had any experience of organising or attending a children's rugby tour that has been fun for all (or nearly all, let's be realistic?) within this geographical area? Where did you go and stay? At the moment I am at the stage of dropping a pin on a map. Previously we have gone to the Wye valley, which was ace, but are looking for a change this year.
Thanks for looking, appreciate any thoughts.
kenyancowgirl

Re: U12 rugby tour ideas

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Our boys did a FANTASTIC weekend tour recently - at an outward bound centre which was brand new, opening last year - they did all the high ropes/archery etc stuff on teh Saturday and then played a 3 way rugby game on the Sunday. It was so good that the club hired it again for the U13s - cannot recommend it highly enough - great accommodation etc - if you're interested I can send you the name of the place...
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

On ours U15s, the parents all got involved with the activities too (which was fun for them apparently - I was at home with my other son!) With the U13s, some of the mummies went off to Chatsworth for the day and did civilised cream teas etc....price was OK - lots of rooms so each family got their own. Communal dining area - it was a bit pizza/burger and chips but went down well with the boys. Bar was very flexible - for the U15s tour they opened the bar for us (our organiser gave them an idea of what to stock up with!) and just let us run a tab - the staff went home and left us to it - a lot of trust but it was all fab. The U13s just took their own alcohol - centre was quite happy with that.
onthefence

Post by onthefence »

Yes please KCG, I would appreciate it if you could PM me the name. I am aware the world is sort of our oyster so I am trying to see it as an exciting challenge rather than a pain in the bum! I just want somewhere to start...
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

done!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I'm assuming it was the parents of the U13s who took the alcohol :lol: :lol:
scary mum
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now