HBS allocations 1st March 2018

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mumzzpet

Re: HBS allocations 1st March 2018

Post by Mumzzpet »

It’s so confusing. We are in WL19 and still haven’t got any call from anywhere !
I emailed school today and they responded at about 2pm saying they offered till 22

Thank you for your email.

We have offered to number 22 on our waiting list.

We will be in touch if a place becomes available.
spat

Post by spat »

Mumzzpet wrote:It’s so confusing. We are in WL19 and still haven’t got any call from anywhere !
I emailed school today and they responded at about 2pm saying they offered till 22

You should have asked that I am WL 19 and then why I haven't received any letter or correspondence from you. when they say WL 22 have been offered.
Mommie

Post by Mommie »

I think you should contact ur council, coz the delay is sometimes not from the school but from the council
Mumzzpet

Post by Mumzzpet »

Mommie wrote:I think you should contact ur council, coz the delay is sometimes not from the school but from the council
Hmm planning to call council tomorrow as I haven’t heard anything from the school!

Wondering why there is a difference between the WL number school sent me today (22) and the one council told HBSWL yesterday (26) !
GreenDolphin

Post by GreenDolphin »

I see there are some miscommunications between the school and the council. What could be the reason? Bit worried! :(
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

I am afraid that this is an area that HBS appears to have problems managing every year.

I know someone from Bucks with a top twenty waiting list place who also has heard nothing from the school and nothing from Bucks either.

This family have contacted HBS and been told that places upto 22 have been offered and the family have responded and asked why they had not heard as they now should have an offer.

They have had no response yet.

This is so critical to the plans of waiting list families that this should be a time of year when those on the waiting list should be able to phone the school.

DAO phones each waiting list family personally with the offer of the place when the WL reaches them. This only takes a few minutes so why can't HBS do the same? DG
GreenDolphin

Post by GreenDolphin »

Mumzzpet wrote:It’s so confusing. We are in WL19 and still haven’t got any call from anywhere !

Good luck Mumzzpet, your waiting game is over. Hope you get the offer letter/email soon.
Mumzzpet

Post by Mumzzpet »

We finally got confirmation from school and we have accepted the offer :)
Although council said they will only inform on
10May along with third allocation
Mommie

Post by Mommie »

Congratulations!
daddyshah

Post by daddyshah »

Barnet should be able to provide a firm waiting list position for your daughter. Generally the school and council should both be on the same number as all declines and acceptances go through the school admissions team ultimately. On occasions, there may be a lag over a few days and do not rely on the automated emails from the school as these have previously not been updated for some length of time.

If Barnet have confirmed that the WL has now reached 26, all dd's upto that number should have received a call from Barnet and/or the school - this is then followed up with a letter from your own LA.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now