Recommendations

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Akhanmayo

Recommendations

Post by Akhanmayo »

Hello,

So we have been prepping on a light note for the past year, and now we have gone thru the Bond 11+ stretch books. Can anyone recommend any other books to go thru? Practice papers perhaps you have bought?

Also has anyone thought it was worthwhile doing mock tests?

Thanks
TheHurdle

Re: Recommendations

Post by TheHurdle »

Hi There

I think its worth doing mock tests, I have got dd booked onto two, one in june so we can get an idea of how strong she is and another at the end of summer.

Also show up any weak areas where she needs work. Also gets them used to doing the test, children cry in these exams, I want it to be water off ducks back for her.
In terms of material there is so much out there Im quite lost with it all to be honest.

We have printed off the familiarization book lets, I think you can sign up to bond on line?
Akhanmayo

Post by Akhanmayo »

TheHurdle wrote:Hi There

I think its worth doing mock tests, I have got dd booked onto two, one in june so we can get an idea of how strong she is and another at the end of summer.

Also show up any weak areas where she needs work. Also gets them used to doing the test, children cry in these exams, I want it to be water off ducks back for her.
In terms of material there is so much out there Im quite lost with it all to be honest.

We have printed off the familiarization book lets, I think you can sign up to bond on line?
TheHurdle wrote:Hi There

Thanks, Yes true, I didn't realize that weaker areas can show up, although the practice tests should be showing that up.

I too am feeling a little lost in the vast amount of resources available, especially when they come with a price tag.
hel_tcw

Post by hel_tcw »

I used the cgp 11+ books with mine, as well as a mix of bond and others as needed.