North London Consortium New Exam

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Yasos

North London Consortium New Exam

Post by Yasos »

Hi,

My daughter is going to take 11+ exams next January. We are considering some of the schools within North London consortium. As I understand the exam style is changing and I can't find any information around this anywhere.

Does anyone have any information yet?

Many thanks,
Middlesexmum

Re: North London Consortium New Exam

Post by Middlesexmum »

As far as I understand, they are scrapping the traditional Maths and English (comprehension and writing) papers and replacing them with some sort of VR or NVR paper. Someone else will come along soon with more detailed information!
mm23292

Post by mm23292 »

I have heard the process will now involve Cognitive ability assessment and interview. The aim being to eliminate the tutoring frenzy involved. Let’s see how that one fares! Given the plethora of parents complaining that they had no warning or preparation for the last CATs round at our current prep, it will be interesting to see!

Regarding the new test format, I have asked our HT, and apparently they have not received any further info yet.
FAC51

Post by FAC51 »

Latest word from an open day at one of the consortium schools is that the Cognitive Test will be a paper exam covering English, VR, Maths and NVR (inc spatial).

Sounds identical to the new Bucks grammar schools test.

Every "new" test format claims it will get rid of tutoring. In this case they just seem to be reinventing the wheel!