Newstead Woods New Starter

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
LocalMum213

Newstead Woods New Starter

Post by LocalMum213 »

Hello all,

My DD’s incredibly excited to start Newstead since March. She was a bit curious, as was I, about the induction day, I noticed they didn’t print a time for the induction day. So if anyone knew when it began and ended that’d be appreciated! Also, For the parents evening, is it strictly parents only or would they mind a few toddlers/girls about.

Thanks
PettswoodFiona

Re: Newstead Woods New Starter

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Give the school office a call or email to find out for certain. Induction day last year was 9 to 3 according to the letter at http://www.newsteadwood.co.uk/Parents/N ... L_2017.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I suspect the new Parents area is due to be updated soon but last years materials on the page may be of interest http://www.newsteadwood.co.uk/Parents/N ... ents-Area/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Does the invite for the parents’ evening make any reference to younger siblings? In DD’s year it did and asked them politely not to bring other children but a small handful of Parents bought small children in spite of this and let them run riot and some of the teachers had to set up an impromptu crèche in another area so the rest of the parents could hear what was going on. It also meant those teachers could not be met by Parents so it did cause a problem and isn’t really the interesting sort of evening for a small child either. I am not saying that your children would run riot of course or the school may have given up asking for younger children not to come, just reporting back on my experience a couple of years ago.
cupcakemum

Re: Newstead Woods New Starter

Post by cupcakemum »

Hi,
On the Newstead website it shows as 9-3pm on the calendar.