jas18 appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
jas18

jas18 appeal

Post by jas18 »

My appeal will be lodged due to my daughter been eligible under the ppg and that I have believe that my son should be aswell.

I am not sure what evidence to take with to the appeal.

My daughters school have provided a letter stating that she is a PPG student, my son's school have provided a letter stating that they believe that he would have been eligible due to the fact that my daughter was.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

My first choice was QM Boys

2nd BV -- place was withdrawn due to admin error
Etienne

Re: jas18 appeal

Post by Etienne »

Welcome to Appeals! :)
place was withdrawn due to admin error
First of all the appeal panel will need to understand why your daughter's place was withdrawn.
What exactly was the admin error? Why was your application for a place deemed unsuccessful?
I assume you've spoken to the LA on the phone, but you should have had a letter from them as well, setting out their reason in writing. (If you haven't received such a letter, please ask them for one urgently.)
Could you copy for us in full the exact wording they use to explain the withdrawal of a place?
my son's school have provided a letter stating that they believe that he would have been eligible due to the fact that my daughter was.
When did you apply for a place for your son?
I assume that on the application you would have had to tick the box for pupil premium, and been able to provide all the evidence required at the time.
    • Children attracting Pupil Premium are those who have been registered for free school meals at any point in the 6 years prior to the closing date for test registration. The school will require evidence of Pupil Premium registration and reserves the right to withdraw the offer of a place if the offer has been made on the basis of an incorrect, fraudulent or misleading application.
Etienne
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

If you already had one DC for whom the primary school was / had been receiving PP, it seems odd that they weren't all over you like a rash, as they say, to get you to allow them to check eligibility for your DS as well. Unfortunately the phrasing, that they think your DS 'would have been eligible due to the fact that (his sibling) was', rather than something stating that yes, an application had been made in respect of (your DS) and the school was in receipt of Pupil Premium funding for him, doesn't sound very encouraging :( .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

It depends when your DD was made eligible for PP, as to whether your son would be eligible too, I suppose. If your DD has recently been made eligible (ie after the closing date for the test registration for your son, which would, from memory, have been last summer), then unless there was eligibility at some other point in the previous 6 years, then your son would not be deemed as eligible.

This would then explain if the admin error was related to BV thinking he was PP but you not providing any accepted evidence on time/at all.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now