QE Boys score allocations 1st March 2018

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Daogroupie

Re: QE Boys score allocations 1st March 2018

Post by Daogroupie »

Very interesting feedback.

What did the cohort at your private prep generally do?

Were they surprised when they found out you were not even going to sit St Albans and Habs?

DG
Rsk

Post by Rsk »

It is interesting, unsure how much impact Brexit plays on GS admissions?
caficom

Post by caficom »

Daogroupie wrote:Very interesting feedback.
What did the cohort at your private prep generally do?
DG
The destinations are mixed - and both selective state schools and selective private schools are considered good options.
Nuguy

Post by Nuguy »

The waiting list has been updated today, it has reached position 15.
My son is in mid 60 ...I think there is no hope left.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

15 places in 8 weeks.

I wonder if it is still on 230 or if it has finally reached 229?

It is hard to imagine where the movement is going to come from after this. DG
nyr

Post by nyr »

There'll probably continue to be some slow movement in the super-selectives which will also trickle down to local grammars, such as Latymer. There may even be the odd family for whom conscience kicks in sometime over the next couple of months and they decide to drop the state school offer. There'll definitely be no-shows in early September.

It ain't over yet.
nyr

Post by nyr »

The QE admissions page still states that the waiting list has reached position 15. Could this be an error in updating the website or is it really crawling incredibly slowly this year? Does anyone know of recent offers beyond this point?
andybuck

Post by andybuck »

This year, WL progression at QE has been odd. HBS is up to 25 with half the seats. Other schools also seem to be moving, albeit, slowly. I wonder if there's some change in procedure of reporting allocations with councils. It will be a shame if they have 20 no-shows in Sept.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Everything is moving very slowly. DAO has only moved 7 places in 11 weeks. It is only on 117. This time last year it was on 155 having moved 26 places.

I think we are seeing the shape of things to come. Movement after allocation day is mostly parents opting for private schools.

Last year I knew several who turned down QE for Habs, St Albans, MT, Westminster or City. This year I do not know of a single one. But perhaps they did not get a place to start with so they can't turn it down! DG
nyr

Post by nyr »

Daogroupie wrote:Last year I knew several who turned down QE for Habs, St Albans, MT, Westminster or City. This year I do not know of a single one. But perhaps they did not get a place to start with so they can't turn it down! DG
I guess it could be either way. They didn't get a place at QE and can't turn it down or they didn't get a place at City, Habs, .. and can't turn QE down. I think you mean the former, DG, and I do feel it's more likely. I guess it could also be a case of having a secure QE score in October so not bothering with the indie exams, in which case we're back at the latter.
andybuck wrote:This year, WL progression at QE has been odd. HBS is up to 25 with half the seats. Other schools also seem to be moving, albeit, slowly. I wonder if there's some change in procedure of reporting allocations with councils. It will be a shame if they have 20 no-shows in Sept.
Agreed, it could also be a council thing but then, as you point out, we are seeing the usual movement on the HBS WL so there must be some communication.

Maybe QE will update the admissions page just before the half-term break.

All a bit odd but I still believe there will be movement come September, though 20 boys holding double offers that late would be very sad, if not immoral.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now