Continued Interest list round 2

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bluesymum

Re: Continued Interest list round 2

Post by bluesymum »

Hi, I wonder if anyone could clarify, my Dd's gone back two places from #12 to #14 in Watford girls outer catchment. Does anyone know why this would happen?
watfordmum2018

Post by watfordmum2018 »

Bluesymum, sorry to hear that. Isn't it where new people decide to join the continuing interest list since the last run? They are placed where they would have been if they had been there originally, there is no penalty for joining the list at a later date. Or it could be from remarks? I am not sure the time frame for when that happens.
Hera

Post by Hera »

It will most likely be from people changing their school preferences which can only be done for the second CI run. It could also change as a result of successful appeals although these are only heard from the end of April so unlikely to have affected the waiting list position at this stage.

But how frustrating for you bluseymum. Which waiting list are you list are you on? Is it academic?
loopylala

Post by loopylala »

bluesymum wrote:Does anyone know why this would happen?
Another reason this may happen is if someone moves closer to the school after the deadline. There were 234 applications for the school, from people who did not live in either catchment area (inner or outer catchment area).
bluesymum

Post by bluesymum »

Thankyou for all your replies lovely mums. She is on academic list outer area Hera at 220
Musicmum11

Post by Musicmum11 »

Very quiet on here - I'm guessing no-one has heard of any further movement on wait lists...I wonder if there will be much more....
Rab20

Post by Rab20 »

Depressing isn’t it. I’m going to email my four schools just before half term for an update.
Musicmum11

Post by Musicmum11 »

It is a bit depressing...it's going to be a long summer Rab20....
Flutterby

Post by Flutterby »

My daughter was offered a place at Watford Girls last Thursday. On March 1st she was number 7 on the inner catchment academic list. She moved up three places after the first round of allocations and was number one on the list after the second round.

Good luck to everyone else still waiting!
Hera

Post by Hera »

My daughter was offered a place at Watford Girls last Thursday. On March 1st she was number 7 on the inner catchment academic list. She moved up three places after the first round of allocations and was number one on the list after the second round.
Congratulations Flutterby. It is good to hear that some lists are moving. I have a DD starting at WGGS in September as well.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now