SGGS Uniform

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Here_goes

SGGS Uniform

Post by Here_goes »

I wonder if anyone can help with some uniform questions.

Firstly, does anyone know if there is any difference in pricing between the two suppliers: Alcester NSC and Rascals of Warwick, or reasons to go to one over the other?
Secondly, how many of each item is realistic? I plan on buying only one blazer, but will one skirt and one jumper suffice? Does anyone have any advice regarding the blouses? Is there a particular shop that anyone can recommend? Obviously, dd will need more than one blouse.... :lol:
Same question for PE. What has worked well for others in terms of realistic numbers of items.

In the past I have always over purchased and then dd has grown out of it before she has had a chance to wear it...

Finally, any good recommendations/advice regarding the mouthguard? I definitely want one.

Thank you in advance.
kenyancowgirl

Re: SGGS Uniform

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I can’t answer for the uniform but with the mouth guard I would suggest you ask the School if they arrange a dentist fitting session. If not, go to a dentist for a specially made one. This is the best fit - boil in the bag type ones are rubbish and I am not a fan of the Opro ones (where they come into school and then send you the guard) as the key is in the fitting afterwards (if there is any rubbing etc). But I am a flag waver for decent guards as you only have one set of teeth!
Here_goes

Post by Here_goes »

Thanks KCG. We have an appointment with the dentist at the end of this month so will ask then.
Busybee09

Post by Busybee09 »

Hi! We are also preparing for this!

Did you get the letter yesterday? A lot of this information will be at the welcome evening.

I have a ds at KES And I’m guessing dad needs are similar. dad I decided to get 2 lots of pe kit - one that fits now and one the next size up so that he had spare that had growing room! He has 2/3 pairs of trousers so I can wash one while other is worn.

I think they have a dentist cone in to school that takes impressions. Again, if it is like KES, these mouth guards are far better than the shop bought boil-in-water ones. They are more expensive but I found it was cheaper than through my own dentist.

I think I am possibly more excited than dad although she is very keen to know which house she will go in to!!!