Appeal for Gloucs from Scottish primary with no 11+ score

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
DC17C

Re: Appeal for Gloucs from Scottish primary with no 11+ scor

Post by DC17C »

Thanks, DC. Although he sat the test at Crypt, we have not heard results from them. They must have shared with Sir Thomas Rich's and STR's got in touch with us first on Friday afternoon to say he had a 60 rank position (equivalent). As soon as I heard this, I emailed Crypt to see what the results meant for them but I have not heard back - I guess I missed the end of the working week. We received an appeals notice letter from Crypt this morning which was obviously written before he had done his test which says that there are 29 unfilled places. We are hoping that if he has qualified for Crypt then he will just be offered a place rather than having to go through an appeal...
Good luck...hope it all works out....my son has really thrived and grown up at Crypt..it’s been a great school for him.....stressy time for you with the distance involved..Hopefully you will get some answers soon....
Silentdraperunners

Post by Silentdraperunners »

DC17C wrote: Good luck...hope it all works out....my son has really thrived and grown up at Crypt..it’s been a great school for him.....stressy time for you with the distance involved..Hopefully you will get some answers soon....
Yes, it is a bit stressful. And if we can avoid extra travel down for multiple appeals hearings, that will be great. Thanks for the support. I'll update when we have firm outcomes.
Silentdraperunners

Update - we have a place confirmed at The Crypt and we are no.1 on waiting lists for Sir Thomas Rich's and Pate's, where he was ranked within PAN.

I have a query about how to handle the appeal for STR. The school has stated in his appeals statement that he was not offered a place because all places were offered to pupils higher ranked on the waiting list. This is not an accurate representation of the situation - he ranked high enough to be given a place on Allocation Day (had he been there) and there is noone else higher than him on the waiting list. The reason they didn't offer him a place is that the school is full, he applied late and there are no places to offer. Why have they put an incorrect reason on the appeals statement?

I'm not sure how to play this when we get to the hearing.
Amber

Post by Amber »

I suggest contacting the school. You are likely to get a friendly response.

That said, if Pates is your top choice I think you can be pretty certain of a place there too.
Silentdraperunners

Amber wrote:I suggest contacting the school. You are likely to get a friendly response.

That said, if Pates is your top choice I think you can be pretty certain of a place there too.
Always a friendly response at STR! Thanks, I will get in touch and ask. We are not feeling certain of a place at any of the full schools but will definitely try to visit both STR and Pate's to see which one my son prefers. Thank you, Amber.
Silentdraperunners

Just to wrap this thread up: places came through on the waiting list - which I wasn't expecting, or at least not so soon. We have accepted Pate's and no longer need to go to appeal anywhere. A very good news story for us.

Thank you very much to everyone for the support, advice and guidance.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Good to hear - I hope the move goes well and your son settles in well.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Congratulations! :D
Etienne
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

Lovely news...hope your move south goes well...
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now