Letter is here!

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sem

Letter is here!

Post by sem »

I have just received my School Admission Appeal letter. It is for 21st May.

On one hand I'm relieved it is sooner rather than later but disappointed that my husband will be away on business. This means that I will have to go alone ( gulp)

Has anyone else received their appeal date for The High School yet?

Is anyone else going alone? I'm feeling shaky just thinking about it :shock:
mumsy

Post by mumsy »

Hi Sem,

not appealing in the same area, but have also had one of my appeal dates - 1st May! -

I will also be going it alone, as I do not want my hubby to say anything wrong :oops: !!
Harsh I know, but as he is a builder (I am not a snob and there is nothing wrong with builders of course!!). He is not really hands on with my DD schooling and hasnt a clue regards SATs/KS2 results, I thought this would be best really. I have written down all the points relavant to my DD appeal and will be taking copies of the support letters that i sent in so i have everything in front of me.

Dont worry you will be fine, and I am sure that there will probably be others that will be going on their own for various reasons. I have spoken to other appealers from last year who say that the panel made them feel at ease and it was a fairly relaxed meeting.

So I wish you good luck x

mumsy
sem

Post by sem »

Hi mumsy

You have made me feel so much better.

Not long for you now and I too wish you the best of luck.

I will be watching this site for your outcome.

SEM
fm

Post by fm »

Take heart. Many years ago my husband and I went to appeal for two of our better comprehensives in the area. We were not granted the one my husband spoke at but passed the one he was unable to attend, despite there being statistically less likelihood of success.
In fact, to this day I wonder if my son was awarded the place because they thought I was a single mum!
Anyway, I found I was less self-conscious when I was on my own and I think my argument came out more naturally as other half wasn't there.

Good luck.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now