Past 11+ English papers

11 Plus English - Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
SmartMirth

Past 11+ English papers

Post by SmartMirth »

Hi all,

My DD will be trying for HBS, DAO and independent schools in North London . Is there any way where I can get hold of past school papers , particularly English? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
Mirth.
Daogroupie

Re: Past 11+ English papers

Post by Daogroupie »

HBS has one past paper on their website.

DAO sells Maths and English papers, you can phone up and they will post them to you or you can go in personally and buy them.

Which private schools are you sitting? DG
SmartMirth

Post by SmartMirth »

Thanks Daogroupie.

We will trying for NLCS, St Albans girls, HABS and few others. We are mainly focused on North London but we are ready to relocate as well.

Hence trying the past papers available ( any independent schools)along with the cgp, bond and letts practice papers would help us.

Thanks ,
Mirth
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

What is your first choice?

If it is DAO or HBS you need to put the private schools on the back burner for the time being.

Their papers are basically the same as the second round of HBS and DAO but you will not be getting to the second round of HBS or DAO unless you focus on CEM. Is your dd Y5?
SmartMirth

Post by SmartMirth »

Thanks,

My DD is in year 5 now. I understand that HBS first round is focussed on CEM. But I was thinking of getting an idea of how the independent papers are.

Thanks,
Mirth.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Private school papers are not until January. You have 14 weeks to beat thousand of students to a place in the HBS and DAO second rounds. Only 28% of applicants made the second round of DAO last year. I would focus on CEM or you will not be doing the second rounds of HBS and DAO. DG