Crypt 2018 Reallocation outcome

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Octsmum

Re: Crypt 2018 Reallocation outcome

Post by Octsmum »

motheroftwo wrote:
Jaethel wrote:Just an update from us; heard today that our appeal was upheld and DD will be going to SHS in Sept! Keep having to pinch myself... will come off the WL tomorrow, and hoping for best of luck to all still waiting for appeal results or on WLs. What a journey this whole thing is...
We too heard from the Appeal panel of Stroud High School and our appeal is uphold. Awaiting the letter from the school. DD is excited to join SHS and start from Sept!

Hurray, that's good news so pleased for you. We too are heading to SHS. For info - the new parents induction evening is on 2 July & the induction day for the girls is the 6 July. These are the only two things we've had in the offer letter (no visit to DD's school yet) - I presume SHS are waiting until they've heard appeals to communicate more - I'm expecting something after half term now - so your DD's haven't missed anything!
Jaethel

Post by Jaethel »

Octsmum wrote:
motheroftwo wrote:
Jaethel wrote:Just an update from us; heard today that our appeal was upheld and DD will be going to SHS in Sept! Keep having to pinch myself... will come off the WL tomorrow, and hoping for best of luck to all still waiting for appeal results or on WLs. What a journey this whole thing is...
We too heard from the Appeal panel of Stroud High School and our appeal is uphold. Awaiting the letter from the school. DD is excited to join SHS and start from Sept!

Hurray, that's good news so pleased for you. We too are heading to SHS. For info - the new parents induction evening is on 2 July & the induction day for the girls is the 6 July. These are the only two things we've had in the offer letter (no visit to DD's school yet) - I presume SHS are waiting until they've heard appeals to communicate more - I'm expecting something after half term now - so your DD's haven't missed anything!
Oh great thanks Octsmum, that’s good to know. I’ll put those dates in the diary. See you and motheroftwo on 2nd July :)
motheroftwo

Post by motheroftwo »

@Jearund - one place will be freed up in Ribston as we are waiting for the letter from SHS to accept the place there.
motheroftwo

Post by motheroftwo »

Thanks Octsmum, for the update. I'm relieved that we haven't missed the important dates !! See you and Jaethal on July 2nd.
Methemom

Post by Methemom »

Our appeal was upheld too!!! DD on residential so she will find out today, on her bday :-) that she is going to SHS in Sept! Well done everyone, thank you to this forum for help and advice, good luck to all still on WLs.
Jaethel

Post by Jaethel »

Methemom wrote:Our appeal was upheld too!!! DD on residential so she will find out today, on her bday :-) that she is going to SHS in Sept! Well done everyone, thank you to this forum for help and advice, good luck to all still on WLs.
Oh hooray methemom! Congrats to your dd! Sounds like the WL will be shifting a bit now - fingers crossed for everyone.

We got our SHS letter today. Starting to feel a bit more real.:)
Nammum

Post by Nammum »

Congrats to Jaethel, Methemom and Motherof2!
Another date for your diaries, and the diaries of all new SHS parents, is the afternoon of Saturday 14th July - A garden party at SHS! The girls will be showcasing their talents and there will be a variety of stalls to visit (some run by the girls themselves), raffles, entertainment etc etc etc. There will be a year 7 stand, run by year 7 girls, for you and your DD's to visit. We want this to become a yearly event so please join us with your girls. There is no entry fee, just turn up and enjoy :D
Jaethel

Post by Jaethel »

Nammum wrote:Congrats to Jaethel, Methemom and Motherof2!
Another date for your diaries, and the diaries of all new SHS parents, is the afternoon of Saturday 14th July - A garden party at SHS! The girls will be showcasing their talents and there will be a variety of stalls to visit (some run by the girls themselves), raffles, entertainment etc etc etc. There will be a year 7 stand, run by year 7 girls, for you and your DD's to visit. We want this to become a yearly event so please join us with your girls. There is no entry fee, just turn up and enjoy :D
That’s in the diary now, sounds lovely, big thanks Nammum. (Also, just to say your previous posts on the forum about your own experience really helped keep my spirits up, so thank you for that too!)
Nammum

Post by Nammum »

Jaethel wrote:
Nammum wrote:Congrats to Jaethel, Methemom and Motherof2!
That’s in the diary now, sounds lovely, big thanks Nammum. (Also, just to say your previous posts on the forum about your own experience really helped keep my spirits up, so thank you for that too!)
You're very welcome Jaethel. I'm a very small cog in the 11+ forum and tip my hat to all those big contributors. Their knowledge and experience is invaluable. Look forward to seeing lots of new SHS parents in July (praying for sunshine!!)
Octsmum

Post by Octsmum »

Thank you Nammum - that's also in our diary too now. Are you helping to organise?