Sharing woodford country results with Chelmsford country

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tahm563

Sharing woodford country results with Chelmsford country

Post by tahm563 »

Hello parents,

I hope someone can help me please. I registered my DD for the CEM exam in Woodford county. We would also like to apply for Chelmsford county (which has the same exam). How do I share the results of Woodford county test with CCHS?

Many thanks.
Daogroupie

Re: Sharing woodford country results with Chelmsford country

Post by Daogroupie »

There should be a tick box on the registration form for this.

Register for Chelmsford County and see if there is a tick box on that form.

It is not your job to do it, it is something they deal with. DG
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

https://www.redbridge.gov.uk/media/4920 ... arents.pdf

This is what it says about sharing results in the Redbridge info for parents:

Sharing the test results
Should parents register their child with any of the following schools: then child’s test outcome
will be shared with those schools which hold a valid registration for the child, in accordance with
the schools’ guidance.
The grammar schools using the same CEM test are listed below along with their Local Authority and whether it is a mixed, boys’ or girls’ school.
Chelmsford County High School (girls): Essex CountyCouncil
Reading School (for boys): Reading Borough
Kendrick School (for girls); Reading Borough
Herschel Grammar (mixed): Slough Borough
Langley Grammar (mixed): Slough Borough
• St Bernard’s Catholic Grammar (mixed): Slough Borough
Upton Court Grammar (mixed): Slough Borough
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
tahm563

Post by tahm563 »

Thank you toadmum. When I filled out the registration form for Redbridge 11+, there was no option on the form for sharing test results. That's why I am a little confused.
ToadMum wrote:https://www.redbridge.gov.uk/media/4920 ... arents.pdf

This is what it says about sharing results in the Redbridge info for parents:

Sharing the test results
Should parents register their child with any of the following schools: then child’s test outcome
will be shared with those schools which hold a valid registration for the child, in accordance with
the schools’ guidance.
The grammar schools using the same CEM test are listed below along with their Local Authority and whether it is a mixed, boys’ or girls’ school.
Chelmsford County High School (girls): Essex CountyCouncil
Reading School (for boys): Reading Borough
Kendrick School (for girls); Reading Borough
Herschel Grammar (mixed): Slough Borough
Langley Grammar (mixed): Slough Borough
• St Bernard’s Catholic Grammar (mixed): Slough Borough
Upton Court Grammar (mixed): Slough Borough
tahm563

Post by tahm563 »

Thank you DG. Will do this. CCHS requires photo, electricity bills, gas bills, council bills etc just to register. I am yet to collate all this and get to the bottom of the form where the tickbox is.

Daogroupie wrote:There should be a tick box on the registration form for this.

Register for Chelmsford County and see if there is a tick box on that form.

It is not your job to do it, it is something they deal with. DG
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

I'm not sure there will necessarily be a box to tick, tbh - my guess is that now the registrations for CEM selection tests just all get passed on to Durham and CEM work out multiple entries (in order to make sure that each entrant only takes any given version of the exam once, or, if someone does manage to slip through the net and sit, say, CCHS in the morning and Slough in the afternoon, only the raw score from the morning attempt is used in any standardisation).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

DAO registration form has had a tick box to share CEM results with SW Herts for the past four years and I think Latymer used for have one for Redbridge and Woodford County before they abandoned CEM last year. DG
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

From the CCHS parent info:

Chelmsford County High School for Girls is part of a group of Grammar Schools who will be using a
common admissions test on for September 2019 entry. The group includes Chelmsford County High
School for Girls, Woodford County High School for Girls, the Slough Consortium of Grammar Schools,
Reading and Kendrick. In addition, there are other schools in the wider geographical area who will be
using the same test on the same day. The tests will take place on Saturday 15 September 2018. Applicants for any of these schools may only take the test once; the raw marks from the test will be passed to the other schools for inclusion in the appropriate standardisation sample but only if you have registered with each school in accordance with their admissions policy. The responsibility to complete this process accurately lies wholly with the parent/guardian. If it is found that an applicant has taken the test more than once, the raw scores for the first attempt will be used for the standardisation process.

Registration is open for CCHS so perhaps someone who has registered their DD will pop in and clarify whether or not there is a box to tick, but the message here is the same - you have to actually register with each school you want to share with, whethe or not one (or more) of the schools has a box to tick on their form. I suspect that the 'sharing by box ticking' may work fine where that particular exam is only used by two schools.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

The tick box is not instead of registering. It is in addition to registering.

Of course you need to register for both schools, you just need to let them know that they need to share results as you can only sit the test once. DG
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now