Mortal Engines

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
loobylou

Mortal Engines

Post by loobylou »

For those of you looking for book ideas for your children, this film is coming out at Christmas this year.
My dd loved this series in years 5 and 6 and my ds read the first one in English at school in year 5.
The film is going to be a PG and is directed by Peter Jackson so - for those children who prefer films to books - it might be a good one to read over the next few months and then watch?
(I really liked the series too!)
RedPanda

Re: Mortal Engines

Post by RedPanda »

Second that. Big hit with DS1, also Y5. Read the series (4 books, I think) in a few days, back to back.

Tried the Fever Crumb series afterwards but DS1 gave up after one book. I think the he found the Mortal Engines books so good that the book disappointed him too much.
Trakka

Post by Trakka »

Thanks Loobylou. Always looking for new books for my DD!
MedievalBabe

Post by MedievalBabe »

I had to tell our school I know once there is a film attached to a book suddenly everyone wants to read the books and any others in a series. Now she can plan ahead and make sure she has enough copies. If a film enough urges reading then I am all for it.
bewilderedofbearwood

Post by bewilderedofbearwood »

That's great news. DS loved these books when he read them last year and that's when I discovered them too. Looking forward to seeing Municipal Darwinism on the big screen!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now