Any thoughts on St Michael's test results date?

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Demetra2018

Re: Any thoughts on St Michael's test results date?

Post by Demetra2018 »

It varied, moved in big jumps in April to early May.. I think will not be drops frankly which will depends upon other schools. What about Latymer ? How is it moving? The school
Is saying that they always had movements till end of August. Back up options not really options Loretto is too far and St Union same. I am next door to STM . Just very hard To be that close but with no offer guarantee ... :cry:
Jamais Arrière

Post by Jamais Arrière »

Yea … I was sharing the thought more than broadcasting news, but I’m sure your observation’s sound CestMoi - our DD only sat that one test. It was St. Michael’s or our local comp. To be honest the comp, a high achieving academy, has plenty positive attributes, but my DD fell for this particular grammar. The three of us were quite open with each other about our aspirations, and, I feel, realistic about DD’s chances. I’m so very grateful the test day went well for her, but I’d like to think we would come up with the next best plan and embraced it if she had faltered. However, I can imagine I would have found it tricky enough to let go if I was in your situation Demetra. I’m sorry that you have to deal with this uncertainty.
Demetra2018

Post by Demetra2018 »

Jamais Arrière wrote:Yea … I was sharing the thought more than broadcasting news, but I’m sure your observation’s sound CestMoi - our DD only sat that one test. It was St. Michael’s or our local comp. To be honest the comp, a high achieving academy, has plenty positive attributes, but my DD fell for this particular grammar. The three of us were quite open with each other about our aspirations, and, I feel, realistic about DD’s chances. I’m so very grateful the test day went well for her, but I’d like to think we would come up with the next best plan and embraced it if she had faltered. However, I can imagine I would have found it tricky enough to let go if I was in your situation Demetra. I’m sorry that you have to deal with this uncertainty.
——-/
Thank you for your words.. will keep praying... at the end of the day we are just in God’s hands really..completely .. :)
llhj

Post by llhj »

I think the movement will depend on Latymer as I have said previously. There are pupils on that waiting list who have been allocated St M and would prefer Latymer, none have yet been offered but are in top 20 on the Latymer list. Fingers crossed we see a late surge on that list. It must be so frustrating. I know so many pupils travelling miles for Loretto though so that is not unusual.
WaitingStM4077

Post by WaitingStM4077 »

Jamais Arrière wrote:Yesterday we had our meeting with Head of Key Stage 4, who’s really lovely.
It did make think though - surely the letters we’ve all received, these meetings we’re attending, etc. must be focusing wavering parents’ minds. Do we think places might be being freed up at this time?

Jams

Hi Jams

Please tell us more about this meeting?
I don't think we have one scheduled.
We met with the Head Teacher back in May but that was it.
Or am I being dumb??
StM4077
WaitingStM4077

Post by WaitingStM4077 »

llhj wrote:St Michael's has now moved exactly 10 places on the waiting list from allocation day. There can't be too much more wriggle room, I'd say 2 or 3 places max. It wouldn't surprise me if it didn't move at all. The transfer day is this month and the welcome BBQ so they're really weeding out the potential no shows etc. What's your alternative?

Transfer day?
When and what is that?
Is it ok to ask on here?
StM4077
Jamais Arrière

Post by Jamais Arrière »

We got a letter a while back. I’ll look for it when I get home tonight.
Transfer day (i.e. afternoon,) is from 1.45 on Wednesday, 27th.
(Welcome Barbecue Sunday, 1st July.)
Jamais Arrière

Post by Jamais Arrière »

OK, so we got an envelope, it seems, in April inviting us parents to that meeting with DD. Did you not get one? There was paperwork to be completed including a pupil information form. The covering letter is signed by the Admissions Secretary.

Wouldn’t worry tho’ you’ve had a meeting with the Head! Just need to make sure you get her to mail you out this documentation on Monday. (The Head of Key Stage 4 did hand us an “Admittance Booklet.” You’ll need a copy too, if you haven’t already been given one.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

I have to admit to curiosity (it is my forte :) ) - why is it the Head of KS4 who deals with new year 7s?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Jamais Arrière

Post by Jamais Arrière »

Dunno.
She is Head of Drama, (thus sole mate,) but maybe Head of Key Stage 4 is her most senior title … ?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now