Induction Day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Smbjmn

Induction Day

Post by Smbjmn »

Anybody can share experience about induction day?
What they have to wear, what they will do, timing, lunch/packed lunch, etc.?
Thanks in advance :)
helen0209

Re: Induction Day

Post by helen0209 »

Smbjmn wrote:Anybody can share experience about induction day?
What they have to wear, what they will do, timing, lunch/packed lunch, etc.?
Thanks in advance :)
Which school is your DC attending? At HGS, it is normal school timings - arrive 08:30 - 08:45 and finish around 15:00. Some wear Primary School uniform, some wear their own clothes. HGS provide a free school dinner, but they could bring their own if they wanted to. They will have a tour of the school, get to know their form tutor / other pupils in their class, have a few sample lessons etc. At the end of the day parents go in as well to hear from the Head and to have the opportunity to purchase uniform.

I would imagine most schools are similar, but you should receive a letter with the details towards the end of the month.
guest201

Post by guest201 »

When my kids went they wore their primary school uniform, they took money for lunch, they were put in the classes they will be in in September and did "normal" lessons. There are usually some sixth formers at the entrance to take them to where they need to go first thing in the morning. Don't worry about it and don't let your child stress about it, the schools do it every year!!
apillow

Post by apillow »

Any idea about CHG induction? My daughter did not get a chance to see the school as we live outside Birmingham. They had a session last month, but we were unable to attend. I am hoping to visit the school on the open day in July.
Smbjmn

Post by Smbjmn »

Thank you Helen and Guest, that really helps.

Sorry Apillow, I don't know about CHG. My DS is going to KEFW :)
helen0209

Post by helen0209 »

apillow wrote:Any idea about CHG induction? My daughter did not get a chance to see the school as we live outside Birmingham. They had a session last month, but we were unable to attend. I am hoping to visit the school on the open day in July.
Hi apillow

To my knowledge, all Birmingham schools have the Induction Day on the same day - July 4th this year. Essentially all Y6 children go to their secondary school, all Y5 go to Y6, Y4 to Y5 etc. I would imagine she would be invited to the Induction day even though you are outside of Birmingham, but may be worth calling the school to clarify.
apillow

Post by apillow »

Hi apillow

To my knowledge, all Birmingham schools have the Induction Day on the same day - July 4th this year. Essentially all Y6 children go to their secondary school, all Y5 go to Y6, Y4 to Y5 etc. I would imagine she would be invited to the Induction day even though you are outside of Birmingham, but may be worth calling the school to clarify.
Thank you Helen0209. I will certainly call the school. We will be shifting to B'ham end of this month.
apillow

Post by apillow »

Smbjmn wrote:Thank you Helen and Guest, that really helps.

Sorry Apillow, I don't know about CHG. My DS is going to KEFW :)
Thanks Smbjmn. My daughter sat the test in KEFW :)
Simbanewt

Post by Simbanewt »

My son is in Y7 at KEFW- from what I remember, they went in primary uniform and took a PE kit, either their new school PE shirt if you have it already, or something else in their house colour. They all had a school dinner and spent the afternoon playing rounders. He had a great day!
Cecilcaterpillar

Post by Cecilcaterpillar »

The CHG induction is on July 4th with all the others, not had any more info than the date at present. Also there is a parents meeting in the evening of the 3rd. Are you getting emails from the school, we've had a few already including one about a summer school day that arrived today.