Any thoughts on St Michael's test results date?

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Jamais Arrière

Re: Any thoughts on St Michael's test results date?

Post by Jamais Arrière »

Just checked. It's a typo! Head of Drama is in fact "Acting" Head of KS3.
I wonder if the Admissions Secretary is struggling with the paperwork.
WaitingStM4077

Post by WaitingStM4077 »

Jamais Arrière wrote:OK, so we got an envelope, it seems, in April inviting us parents to that meeting with DD. Did you not get one? There was paperwork to be completed including a pupil information form. The covering letter is signed by the Admissions Secretary.

Wouldn’t worry tho’ you’ve had a meeting with the Head! Just need to make sure you get her to mail you out this documentation on Monday. (The Head of Key Stage 4 did hand us an “Admittance Booklet.” You’ll need a copy too, if you haven’t already been given one.
Hi Jamais

No we didn't get an invite to meet the Head of Key Stage 4.
Did you get to meet the Head Teacher as well?
We got a Welcome 2018-2019 booklet, that contains a few forms and lots of information about the uniform, Music lessons, BBQ, PArents Association etc..
But this was given by the Head Teacher.

Oh well I will phone tomorrow I may have missed it.

Thanks
StM4077
Jamais Arrière

Post by Jamais Arrière »

That all sounds fine StM4077. As long as you have the welcome pack. That’s what we got handed last week. Before that meeting we completed and sent off three documents: a Pupil Information Form; the Home School Agreement; and a form regarding the Parents’ Contribution Scheme. If you didn’t get those forms, I guess you should ask for that documentation.

No, we didn’t meet with the Head. Surely he was stepping in for your initial meeting. That’s not a head teacher’s task. I get the feeling something’s up.
CestMoi

Post by CestMoi »

There are 96 parents and children to meet so they divide up the list between the SLT. For my daughter's year, some met the head of KS3, some the deputy head etc. The head was leaving so no-one met him but of course that's different this year. Who you meet doesn't matter!

Enjoy the BBQ..
Demetra2018

Post by Demetra2018 »

Dear Ladies
Which one between LSU and Loreto College you recommend the most to get into as backup while we wai for SM? Are they the same in your view from what you know and reputation?

Thanks!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Demetra2018 wrote:Dear Ladies
Which one between LSU and Loreto College you recommend the most to get into as backup while we wai for SM? Are they the same in your view from what you know and reputation?

Thanks!
If these are state schools, which one have you been allocated? Have you currently got the one but have been offered a waiting list place at the other?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Loreto is one of our local schools. It does very well and the students seem to behave around town.

I would be very interested to know how far students come to attend this school.

Do they run any coaches? If so I have not noticed them. Perhaps they go straight into the school grounds so are not so obvious. DG
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Daogroupie wrote:Loreto is one of our local schools. It does very well and the students seem to behave around town.

I would be very interested to know how far students come to attend this school.

Do they run any coaches? If so I have not noticed them. Perhaps they go straight into the school grounds so are not so obvious. DG
Having a quick nose into their Admissions FAQs, I found this:

How near to Loreto do we need to live to have a chance of a place?
Since we expanded to take 150 girls some years ago there have been enough places available under
Priority 7 for us to meet the need from most practising Catholic applicants living in Hertfordshire,
regardless of which school they attend. Some years we offer places to practising Catholics living in
areas of north London such as Enfield and Edgware. In one year we were able to offer some places to
girls meeting Priority 10, so there is always a chance.

I have to say that the figure quoted elsewhere in the Admissions section of 433 applications - presumably all preferences- for fewer than three times that number of places doesn't scream 'massively popular and heavily oversubscribed', especially for an Ofsted 'outstanding' school with feeder primaries?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Demetra2018

Post by Demetra2018 »

We were offered LSU , but think Loreto is better from many reviews I read and curriculum, the most similar to SM. The school has a car sharing scheme. We are 1 in waiting list there so God’s willing we are offered while we wait for SM 3 slots to move. :roll: ...
CestMoi

Post by CestMoi »

There is a bus to Loreto from Whetstone I believe. At least some girls from Sacred Heart and St Catherine's get in every year. It seems well regarded among families in those schools.

As for numbers applying, it has a high bar for Catholicism like St Michael's which narrows down the numbers significantly. The occasional trip to church won't cut it - first communion and regular attendance required.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now