Appeal results. (Lincs)

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Etienne

Re: Appeal results. (Lincs)

Post by Etienne »

They should be sending you a decision letter (probably next week), giving reasons.
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a24" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you'd like to send me a copy in due course, I don't mind checking it to see if it appears to meet legal requirements.
Etienne
Motherofdaughters

Post by Motherofdaughters »

Thanks Ettiene
As I said, I’ve always been realistically pessimistic but am genuinely confused, there were 13 appealed and up to 6 spaces. (They were 2 under pan and school had said they’d take up to 4 over)
I’m guessing there were X amount of children above her. She did have extra time in the tests due to a medical condition, I guess they could think if she had extra time and still didn’t pass
Never mind, there’s always the 12+ if she chooses to go down that route.
I’d have gone totally wrong with my appeal if it hadn’t been for this group though, so thanks.
Motherofdaughters

Reading that ^ link. Basically, despite providing evidence of academic ability and strong letters of support from head and class teacher, it’s a case of their judgement. I doubt they go into great detail, just we don’t think’ Shame SATS results aren’t out in time for appeals. ;-)
Motherofdaughters

Can you clarify how soon after the appeal I should get the decision letter, please?
I still haven’t received one.
Appeal was Weds 6th June. 5 school days after would be Weds 13th June.
Even with slow post, I’d have expected to have received by now.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Motherofdaughters wrote:Can you clarify how soon after the appeal I should get the decision letter, please?
I still haven’t received one.
Appeal was Weds 6th June. 5 school days after would be Weds 13th June.
Even with slow post, I’d have expected to have received by now.
Did the appeals go on on for more than a day? If so, the decision letters should normally be posted no later than 5 school days after the last day of hearings.

(However, the fact that you were given your decision verbally on 8th June implies that all the appeals had been heard by that date.)
Etienne
Motherofdaughters

I believe they were heard on the Weds and the Thursday.
Successful letters were received on the Sat.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now