Help with how to get my daughter taking her 11+

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Julia

Help with how to get my daughter taking her 11+

Post by Julia »

Hi all

I am hoping someone can help me. I live in Kent and would love my daughter to take the 11+. At the moment she is at an independent school and they are not obviously interested in helping her pass her 11+. The school does not automatically put her in for it and I am at a loss how to go about getting help for this myself. Do I need to approach a grammar school or the local authorities? Do I need to get her tested to see if she is a suitable candidate. If there is anyone out there who can point me in the right direction, I would so really appreciate it.

Thank you kind person in advance.
Julia
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Julia

I suggest that you post again on the "Kent" forum, further down on the forum home page. It is a fairly active forum and I am sure that you will find the information you need there.

You don't need to get her tested for suitability as such - just take a view on her school results. If she is roughly in the top third then she is very likely to be suitable, the next third maybe, bottom third and she may struggle at grammar school. If in doubt, have a go, but don't pin all your hopes on it!

Best wishes
Sally-Anne
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Hi Julia,
I completely agree with Sally-Anne.
My reasoning is that if the school/area take the top 30% children, then go for it if you think that your child falls roughly in this category. Some schools take the top 20 or less, 5%. Then same reasoning.
Best of luck and do have a look at the Kent forum. You will find lots of answers there.

Post by Guest »

Thank you Sally-Ann and Catherine.

I shall look at the Kent Forum for help. I really appreciate your help.

Regards
Julia