pass marks

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
loup67

pass marks

Post by loup67 »

Hi,
Can anyone let me know a rough indication of what sort of marks/percentages are needed to gain a place in selective schools?
We are very keen on DAO and HBS and would like to know whether we are being realistic.
Would be very grateful if anyone could give us an idea of marks that achieved places this year and/or failed with "high scores".
Thanks in advance,
loup67
loulou

Post by loulou »

We came 24th at DAO with scores of 140 for VR, 92% for maths and 64% for English (comparable to practice papers). A couple of marks less would have placed us 10 places lower suggesting marks are all very close. Scores of 125 for VR, 75% maths and 64% for English didn't even get you within a sniff of the reserve list. This will change each year with the cohort. We live in the London Borough of Barnet which puts you at a disadvantage as at least half the selective children have to come from Herts. This is last years thread on the topic which may be of some use to you.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... sc&start=0

Don't know about HBS as I have a boy. They don't give out scores but I'm sure somebody who gained entry will be able to give you ideas as to how their children did in practice papers.

Good luck.
borehamwood mum

DAO Marks

Post by borehamwood mum »

Hi loulou - I am curious as to how you established your son's position at DAO post entrance exam. My son was offered a place in March 2008 but we were not advised about his position, is this something that Barnet do automatically or did you ask? Son achieved scores of 138 in VR, 82% in Maths and 70% in English.

Regards.
loulou

Post by loulou »

I asked the school and they were more than happy to tell me. Its probably quite useful information for parents whose children will be sitting next year. I certainly know I found it useful to have a benchmark to set my sons practice papers against.

Well done on getting your place - it seems to be a lovely school.
borehamwood mum

DAO

Post by borehamwood mum »

thanks - I will give DAO a call. Delighted my son got a place and that you have confirmed what I thought when I first visited the school a couple of years ago.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now