11plus - losing friends

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Exams2018

11plus - losing friends

Post by Exams2018 »

Hi all,
I have a friend whose DD is also taking the same exams as my DD. OMG, the mum has become so competitive with everything. They go to a tutor and we don't. They are at a prep school and we are not. I don't understand what the competition is all about.

Her excessive interest in DDs mock results is driving me insane. She logged in with OUR details to check DDs result (I later found out as her DD accidentally told us my DDs marks before we checked) For the next test, her DD grabbed my daughter's pencil case as soon as she got in the car to make a note of her candidate ID.

The mocks tell them their DDs rank among 100s of other children. How will comparing with my child help them or anyone????

Has anyone lost friends due to this 11plus thing?
Guest55

Re: 11plus - losing friends

Post by Guest55 »

Tell the mock provider so that they only release your DDs results directly to you.

I would keep well away from this family.
Exams2018

Post by Exams2018 »

Guest55 wrote:Tell the mock provider so that they only release your DDs results directly to you.
Its on the website. Login via email ID and candidate number.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Exams2018 wrote:
Guest55 wrote:Tell the mock provider so that they only release your DDs results directly to you.
Get yourself another email address not known to the ‘friend’ and ask the mock provider to change to that one.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Exams2018 wrote:
You need to let them know that other people are accessing your data.
Exams2018

Post by Exams2018 »

Tinkers wrote:
Exams2018 wrote:
Get yourself another email address not known to the ‘friend’ and ask the mock provider to change to that one.
That was the last mock with this company. Their deep interest in my DDs marks is making me very uncomfortable.
Amber

Post by Amber »

I'm afraid I would have to tackle the parent. I would call and ask why they are so interested and if they had actually accessed your child's data. This is not normal behaviour. I have only come across anything similar once before, when one of my children was very young and a hyper-competitive parent took an unnatural interest in DC's background and attainment, with, I think, a sense of insecurity that perhaps her own child was in danger of being outperformed. It also made me very uncomfortable as I could not understand that level of competitiveness - it is not me at all and I could not relate to it one bit. It is most weird and says more about the other party than you, but I would tackle it, say it is making you uncomfortable and put the friendship down to experience.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Not to mention that it is illegal to purposely access someone else’s data without their express permission.
Exams2018

Post by Exams2018 »

Amber wrote:I'm afraid I would have to tackle the parent. I would call and ask why they are so interested
She used to ask me directly earlier. I told her once directly that I don't want to discuss DDs marks with anyone. Then started the sneaky ways.
Amber wrote:and if they had actually accessed your child's data.
They will obviously deny it and the poor girl will get a massive telling off for embarassing them. So I decided to keep quiet.

Another instance - we met a girl from DDs class at another mock. They were both super excited to see each other etc and what I near next on monday is "Mummy, Mae's mum wants to know my marks". WHY???? I dont even know this woman.

Thank God we booked only 4 mocks.
Exams2018

Post by Exams2018 »

kenyancowgirl wrote:Not to mention that it is illegal to purposely access someone else’s data without their express permission.
They are going to deny it. Wont they?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now