Help with NETS for SATS please!

11 Plus Maths – Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

proud mum x2

Help with NETS for SATS please!

Post by proud mum x2 »

Hi everyone, can anyone help with NETS topic in maths?

My DD,who incidently, is loving all the SATS prep,(no, she really is!)is worried that she is finding it difficult to visualize these tricky little devils!

I too find that topic in maths quite difficult, so I thought I'd beg for help..... any good websites,or would it be best to try to construct our own?

She tells me that the teacher has only touched on this topic,and she finds it difficult to approach the teacher on any topic! (which is a shame,as we have tried to foster a good working relationship, to no avail)

Any help appreciated,

Best wishes, PM x2
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

A google of ks2 nets....

... took me to...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/ks2bitesiz ... pes8.shtml

Regards
SVE
Animis opibusque parati
katel

Post by katel »

Get some tracing paper, trace the net, cut it out and make the shape.
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

Thanks for your help sunlamp,will try that.

Katel, the NETS are at school when my DD is at home,otherwise I would have done that! :wink:

Will find some on the www,and buy some tracing paper,I just thought someone might have some tips for visualization.....she won't have time to copy,trace and make them during the SATs! :D
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Leave it till last and trace - it does not have to be neat - then you can fold it up.

You will find with a bit of practice her visualisation should improve and there are only so many they can be asked!
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

thanx 55, good idea, I forgot they are allowed tracing paper in the tests, will practice soem with her before then to put her mind at ease
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now