Any thoughts on St Michael's test results date?

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
WaitingStM4077

Re: Any thoughts on St Michael's test results date?

Post by WaitingStM4077 »

Great to hear there is movement.

We are just back from the BBQ, I will be honest and say I'm was not that impressed.
Fantastic weather and the people were very friendly and we spoke to loads, it was just that there wasn't much going on.

Found out my daughter is in 7T.
Can I ask where everyone else's daughters are?
StM4077
CestMoi

Post by CestMoi »

WaitingStM4077 wrote: We are just back from the BBQ, I will be honest and say I'm was not that impressed.
Fantastic weather and the people were very friendly and we spoke to loads, it was just that there wasn't much going on.
So it was a very friendly, chatty event.. What did you expect that left you unimpressed?

It takes literally dozens of volunteer parents to organise this event, set up everything this morning, and cater for and mingle with the new families during the event itself. Many of the teachers attended too. All these volunteers and teachers organised childcare for their own kids, changed their plans and made car trips in hot cars to help welcome your daughter..
Jamais Arrière

Post by Jamais Arrière »

Think you’re being a little hard on StM4077 ChestMoi. Of course we ought to be really appreciative of the volunteers’ time and the trouble taken, (and it was great to chat to the lovely current Year Seven parents,) but, to be honest, as an event, it didn't quite live up to the hype, i.e. there is room for improvement. Down to us, incoming parents, to help take on that challenge next year maybe!

(Funny, DD is 7T too!)
CestMoi

Post by CestMoi »

Not having outside space this year (due to the building work) made the event very tricky indeed, as there couldn't be the usual rides outside. But people felt strongly that the show must go on regardless.
Jamais Arrière

Post by Jamais Arrière »

Fair point, and I am truly grateful.
Promise to help out next year!

x
WaitingStM4077

Post by WaitingStM4077 »

CestMoi wrote:
WaitingStM4077 wrote: We are just back from the BBQ, I will be honest and say I'm was not that impressed.
So it was a very friendly, chatty event.. What did you expect that left you unimpressed?

It takes literally dozens of volunteer parents to organise this event, set up everything this morning, and cater for and mingle with the new families during the event itself. Many of the teachers attended too. All these volunteers and teachers organised childcare for their own kids, changed their plans and made car trips in hot cars to help welcome your daughter..

Hi CestMoi,

I just meant that as a family event it was slightly lacking. I'm not saying it wasn't good, it's just that there wasn't anything for younger for siblings to do. My 2yr old had to be taken back early , which was ok as we are within walking distant so I could leave my DD to walk back on her own.
She absolutely loved it as she felt she had already made friends from her year group and is looking forward to meeting to them again in September.
StM4077
llhj

Post by llhj »

I do not think it was meant for babies or toddlers particularly. It was relaxed and fun. Everyone was so friendly and the staff unstuffy. I think the induction has been quite good overall.
WaitingStM4077

Post by WaitingStM4077 »

llhj wrote:I do not think it was meant for babies or toddlers particularly. It was relaxed and fun. Everyone was so friendly and the staff unstuffy. I think the induction has been quite good overall.

I agree. Really enjoyed and glad my DD felt welcomed. Parents and teachers very friendly.
StM4077
Wapping8

Post by Wapping8 »

Hello

Really lovely to hear about all the successful girls who have move up the waiting list for St Ms. Well done to dds and you.

Hoping that some of you can help me with some info for one a girl sitting the test in September 2018. I'm new to 11+ preparation, and I'm helping a child whose primary school have said she should apply to grammar school, but the parents are able to help her. Hence, me - as a friend of friend.

- Do you know which exam board St M uses? I think it's GL, but I can't get reliable confirmation.
- What kind of scores were your successful daughters achieving in mock test before the actual exam? Is an average to 70% enough.

This girl bright and articulate, but very late starting to learn the concepts of VR and NVR etc.

Thank you for any help....
piggys

Post by piggys »

WaitingStM4077 wrote: I will be honest and say I'm was not that impressed.
quote]

And yet
WaitingStM4077 wrote: Really enjoyed and glad my DD felt welcomed
That's what you call a volte face. :lol:

I don't know if you were were expecting Mr Zippo's circus or Cirque de Soleil but the state sector is starved of money. :!: Perhaps you could take this on board. It wasn't an event for younger children was it? :!:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now