Traveling from Newham to SHSB

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

yinkieb

Traveling from Newham to SHSB

Post by yinkieb »

Hi
Anyone traveling from Newham, Barking, Seven Kings to SHSB, please let me know if you have any tips! How does your son travel in?
ToadMum

Re: Traveling from Newham to SHSB

Post by ToadMum »

yinkieb wrote:Hi
Anyone traveling from Newham, Barking, Seven Kings to SHSB, please let me know if you have any tips! How does your son travel in?
We are local to SHSB so not an issue for DS2, but if you are near Barking station, C2C to Westcliff then about a 25 minute walk, or carry on to Southend Central and get a bus.

If you can get to a station on the Southend Victoria (Greater Anglia) line, it's about a 15 minute walk from Prittlewell station (the stop before Southend Vic).

Why not come down to Southend a few times with your DS and try out the different routes - see which one he would prefer to use?

I do hope you are asking this as part of your decision making process before entering your DS for the exam, though, and not only very belatedly considering the (fairly straightforward but not inconsiderable) journey for year 7 this September?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
yinkieb

Re: Traveling from Newham to SHSB

Post by yinkieb »

Hi Toadmum,

Thanks for info, my son will be starting in September. I’m aware of routes, and I was wondering if anyone was in the same position as my son and wanted a travel buddy.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now