Kent Preparation vs St Olaves stage 1

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Shivji237

Kent Preparation vs St Olaves stage 1

Post by Shivji237 »

Hello All

looking for serious advice to find difference between kent preparation and St Olaves ( Bromley orpington ) stage 1 test

We are giving both test but not too sure is preparation is same or we need to prepare anything more for St Olaves Stage 1 SET

Please guide
doodles

Re: Kent Preparation vs St Olaves stage 1

Post by doodles »

Welcome op. If you look at the St Olave's website there are sample papers available and the KCC website also has a test familiarisation booklet. It may be worth you looking at these as it may give you some idea of the areas your prep will need to cover.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
Shivji237

Post by Shivji237 »

thanks for reply I looked at test formats My question is more about content / topic / complexity level
mad?

Post by mad? »

Shivji237 wrote:thanks for reply I looked at test formats My question is more about content / topic / complexity level
Surely the sample papers tell you this?
mad?
liceo_classico

Post by liceo_classico »

If you go to the open day at St. Olaves they sell another set of preparation papers for Stage 1 and 2, different from the ones in the site.
Preparation wise, I think anything that you do for one should help with the other. Our experience was that St. Olaves was more difficult than the Kent one.
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

They've changed the sample papers since last year - I think to reflect more closely what the St O test was actually like last year! It caught a lot of boys on the hop.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now