QE boys Open Day

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ToadMum

Re: QE boys Open Day

Post by ToadMum »

Surely, open evenings a good time to try out the public transport route that your DC will need to use to get to the school, should they get a place? Our experience is that our primary school, at least, was happy to grant time off for secondary school viewing as authorised absence.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

Barnet Hospital has maybe the fewest number of spaces in the car park for the number of patients of any hospital I know. Please don't park there. There is free parking on loads of side roads within an easy walk of the school. There are also pay and display car parks.
ale21279

Post by ale21279 »

We are going and will be parking in one of the many side roads and walking up, I know the area like the back of my hand as I grew up in the shadow of QE Boys school.

Thank you for the useful tip about when to wait in the hall for headmaster's speech DG.
test1

Post by test1 »

If its a QE thread you can discuss anything - from global warming to local hospital's patients to car park places ratio.

Some things never change.
test1

Post by test1 »

why not park at the Spires

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 0&p=257520" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
worrybot

Post by worrybot »

We took a bus to the school and thoroughly enjoyed the evening in the school.
Thank you,

Worrybot
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

worrybot wrote:We took a bus to the school and thoroughly enjoyed the evening in the school.
:D
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
test1

Post by test1 »

worrybot wrote:We took a bus to the school and thoroughly enjoyed the evening in the school.
way to go... that should be the most preferred approach
ale21279

Post by ale21279 »

What did your son think of QE worrybot?

Mine found it impressive but the headmaster's speech was a bit long for him on such a hot day.

We were shown around by two delightful boys. The drawbacks for us are the lack of football and no sibling policy, and he also felt that he could be overwhelmed by the academic side of the school and the high standard of work by the other boys.
worrybot

Post by worrybot »

[quote="ale21279"]What did your son think of QE worrybot?

My son absolutely loved the school. He found the head teachers speech a bit too long in his own words :lol:

We were shown around by a very impressive lower 6th form boy who was very jovial & full of beans. I don’t have a very sporty DS but he loves swimming and is very good at it. He was smitten by the swimming pool. He was very impressed by the Design & Robotics and science department.

My DS is currently in year 4 so we have a long way to go.
Thank you,

Worrybot