Salisbury

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mystery

Re: Salisbury

Post by mystery »

Well well - she appears well but sad on that video released today, so far as one can tell. A fashionable eyebrow job too.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

mystery wrote:Would it have badly affected the flavour Hermanmunster?

9 places to avoid on your next trip down Memory Lane:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/serg ... 16086.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Actually have been back and awfully close to one of a couple of the places mentioned :shock: :shock: Also in the city centre there were police at various places - outside the Mill pub and at the entrance to Market Walk (some of it appeared to be comletely cordoned off.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Amesbury now? Very spooky. Hope they're OK too.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Ok... so hands up if your first though (other than of course hoping they are ok) was that the Russians did this just to be able to say 'see, told you it wasn't us, we have no agenda against these two, it must be Porton Down. (Which incidentally I have absolute faith, having been there many times that it wasn't).
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

hmm Amesbury & Queen Elizabeth Gardens.

Honest haven't been there since Mid May :shock:

must my first thought was that these two had been paid to contaminate the skripal's door in the first place :?

Agree re Porton Down though someone can always go rogue (didn't that happen with the 2001 anthrax in the US?)
mystery

Post by mystery »

And one could do this to make it look as though England is doing it to themselves. It is all so unfathomable.

Thing that is puzzling me is htat there is not much information on who this couple are, what they do etc. I read in one junky tabloid that the woman does not live in Amesbury - that's where her partner lives and where they both became ill. I read that she lives in sheltered accommodation (why), near the bench the Skripals were found on.

Their "friend" "Sam" seemed to have some reason for thinking they'd had something to do with a bag they found in the park on the Friday when they had a day out together in Salisbury. How do all these poisoned people manage to find something to do all day in Salisbury?

As Salisbury is the known as the place for retired spooks, and Amesbury has quite a few military and Porton Down type people living there, I feel very sorry for them as this is very spooky.
Amber

Post by Amber »

My first thought was 'I wonder why the Police thought the obvious explanation was that they had taken a bad batch of heroine or crack cocaine'. I kind of hope that if I was unfortunate enough to collapse at home and start foaming at the mouth, the first suggestion would not be that I had got off my face on hard drugs. Is there something about these people which made the Police think that, or is that now the default differential diagnosis for anyone found drooling and incoherent?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I think at least one of them is already known to use drugs - described as a "registered addict" ie may be getting meds from a pharmacy. There are continuous alerts re "bad batches" of drugs going round - often stuff that is stronger etc than expected or contaminated with fentanyl etc

The QE gardens are not that near the other sites and TBH can't imagine that there is anywhere there to hide anything.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Amber wrote:My first thought was 'I wonder why the Police thought the obvious explanation was that they had taken a bad batch of heroine or crack cocaine'. I kind of hope that if I was unfortunate enough to collapse at home and start foaming at the mouth, the first suggestion would not be that I had got off my face on hard drugs. Is there something about these people which made the Police think that, or is that now the default differential diagnosis for anyone found drooling and incoherent?
Firstly Amber, the thought of you drooling and incoherent high on hard drugs is just plain funny(in a 'never the twain' type way)

But, sadly nowadays there are plenty of people like that...
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

I've never needed hard drugs to become drooling and incoherent and my impression is that several fellow forumites are in the same boat. Not Amber, obviously.

Must admit my first thought was that it was a Russian diversion, but that would imply we can expect to see more random incidents in future as they seek to spread obfuscation (can you spread obfuscation?). It would be a less worrying development if they just happened to find it in a park and try it on the offchance.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now