BWWW waiting list 2018 - current status

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Caveman47

Re: BWWW waiting list 2018 - current status

Post by Caveman47 »

Lategate:

Yeah I'm a big fan of mixed ability. The evidence supports that as well. Our school will start it in Sept.
Lategate

Post by Lategate »

Caveman47 wrote:Lategate:

Yeah I'm a big fan of mixed ability. The evidence supports that as well. Our school will start it in Sept.
Funnily enough I’m not an advocate of mixed ability for all subjects in a typical comp. I think sometimes the range of ability can be too great. However, it really does work in a lot of subjects and settings. If the ethos of the school is right, and the subject is one that lends itself to independent learning, it is a perfect way of motivating all students in a class.
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

ds205 wrote:
Lategate wrote:In case it’s of any use- my son said there were 2 no shows in his form group today at HGS. Fingers crossed for those waiting.
My DS is 3rd on HGS. There should be last one waiting on 206.
Fantastic!
4xround

Post by 4xround »

4xround wrote:
4xround wrote:Hi all
DS journey for HGS w/l to date:

28th March - 44
16th April - 47
27th April - 44
14th May -36
18th May - 34
30th May - 32
5th June - 25
26th June - 18th
6th July - 6th
Caveman47

Post by Caveman47 »

4xround wrote:
4xround wrote:
4xround wrote:Hi all
DS journey for HGS w/l to date:

28th March - 44
16th April - 47
27th April - 44
14th May -36
18th May - 34
30th May - 32
5th June - 25
26th June - 18th
6th July - 6th

How wonderful 4xround. The journey is almost over :D
Akousar

Post by Akousar »

Hi ... just in need of some advice .. my son has a place HGS but on waiting list number 1 at keag .. at this stage I rang to see and news on a place they said all have been accepted not sure should I gt my hopes up as he is 1 on the list as this is right near by where we live , or do you think they may be still be be slow movements or no shows in September
helen0209

Post by helen0209 »

Akousar wrote:Hi ... just in need of some advice .. my son has a place HGS but on waiting list number 1 at keag .. at this stage I rang to see and news on a place they said all have been accepted not sure should I gt my hopes up as he is 1 on the list as this is right near by where we live , or do you think they may be still be be slow movements or no shows in September
There may still be movement and no shows in September. However, you may need to accept that a place may not become available until after he has started HGS. If that happened would you be prepared to move him? To help other forum members, what did your son score so they know how far the waiting list went this year? For you, I hope a place becomes available before September - there is movement all through the summer, albeit at a very slow pace.
Akousar

Post by Akousar »

helen0209 wrote:
Akousar wrote:Hi ... just in need of some advice .. my son has a place HGS but on waiting list number 1 at keag .. at this stage I rang to see and news on a place they said all have been accepted not sure should I gt my hopes up as he is 1 on the list as this is right near by where we live , or do you think they may be still be be slow movements or no shows in September
There may still be movement and no shows in September. However, you may need to accept that a place may not become available until after he has started HGS. If that happened would you be prepared to move him? To help other forum members, what did your son score so they know how far the waiting list went this year? For you, I hope a place becomes available before September - there is movement all through the summer, albeit at a very slow pace.
He scored 213 a few boys were offered last week same or above that score , yes I would still move him only because it’s so near me and will save me a journey of 20 mins as I 3 other children , but over all I am pleased that he got in HGS which I have accepted that was on offer day and also attended induction day . He was 39 back in March and today he is 1 on waiting list. .
Thank you for your response Helen once I get any updates I will let you .
Mumov3

Post by Mumov3 »

Anyone know what the score was of the last person offered kefw was please?
helen0209

Post by helen0209 »

Mumov3 wrote:Anyone know what the score was of the last person offered kefw was please?
I haven’t heard of anything since 229, but probably worth calling the FO or school who would be able to tell you.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now