Woodford County-Waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
marizzy

Re: Woodford County-Waiting list

Post by marizzy »

Hi bluevelvet,
What position are you at? If you are above us you should have moved. If below, the only thing I can think of is of somebody else (through appeals, changing school order) has moved between you and us?
bluevelvet

Post by bluevelvet »

Hi Marizzy
We are 16th so below you. Was initally 19th and moved only 3 places since March :(
marizzy

Post by marizzy »

Hi bluevelvet,
Yes, in total you have moved 2 places less than us, must be people getting in though changing schools order or moving into catchment area. Let's hope things will move significantly next week.
bluevelvet

Post by bluevelvet »

Hi Marizzy, looks like there was some significant movement on the waiting list, we have moved 4 places:), You must be on the verge of getting an offer? :D :D
marizzy

Post by marizzy »

Hi bluevelvet,
Nice to hear that. We only moved 2 places, from 5th to 3rd yesterday. Nothing today...
Fingers crossed!
marizzy

Post by marizzy »

marizzy wrote:Hi bluevelvet,
Yes, in total you have moved 2 places less than us, must be people getting in though changing schools order or moving into catchment area. Let's hope things will move significantly next week.
BTW, I did call the council to confirm the position earlier today (sad I know!) and we are still 3.
Maybe the extra two places you moved are due to the anomaly we saw before. Now we have both moved 7 places since the start of the list which makes sense.
Well, good luck to us! :)
Icecream

Post by Icecream »

Ichs hasn't moved this week. Council do not expect any movement until September when the "no-shows" are identified. Apparently these are all the places where private school places have been accepted and they have not informed council to relinquish ichs place. They should ask for deposits even for state schools, that are non refundable if child doesn't start!
marizzy

Post by marizzy »

We disappeared from the waiting list today. Called the council and they said an offer is on it's way! I am so relieved! :D

I found last year's forum extremely helpful as a guide to the waiting list process and I am posting our 'journey' below in the hope it might prove helpful to next year's parents:
Our score was 109.25 and we ranked 318 in the 2018 score list. Last place offered in March 2018 was 110.54 (ranking= 286).
We were 32 places below the last offered position. However, when the waiting list became available on March 24th we were placed 10th.
Since then:
On March 28th - 7th
April 25th - 8th
May 12th- 9th
May 19th - 8th
May 23th - 7th
June 26th -5th
July 5th - 3rd
July 13th - offer on its way.
Good luck to everybody still on the waiting list.
Last edited by marizzy on Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tahm563

Post by tahm563 »

Congrats Marizzy. You must be so happy. You got there at the end. Congratulations to your daughter. I hope she enjoys the school.

BTW, do you mean 109.54 here- "Last place offered in March 2018 was 104.54"
marizzy

Post by marizzy »

tahm563 wrote:Congrats Marizzy. You must be so happy. You got there at the end. Congratulations to your daughter. I hope she enjoys the school.

BTW, do you mean 109.54 here- "Last place offered in March 2018 was 104.54"

Thank you!
yes, you are right it was 110.54- corrected it.