Habs Girls Head leaving?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
avidskier

Habs Girls Head leaving?

Post by avidskier »

Has anyone heard anything on the grapevine about the Head of Habs Girls (Miss O’Connor) moving on? I may have the wrong end of the stick but I have heard this might be the case?
Daogroupie

Re: Habs Girls Head leaving?

Post by Daogroupie »

This has been known about for sometime.

The Head announced she would be retiring in one year's time so she will still be there for the next year. DG
avidskier

Post by avidskier »

Thanks Daogroupie - I am a bit slow on the uptake sometimes!
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

I think they wanted to keep it low key, especially with the Habs boys Head also leaving. They did not want people to read too much into it. They have already started interviewing. DG
FAC51

Post by FAC51 »

Daogroupie wrote: They have already started interviewing. DG
That was a quick interview process :!:

This was published on their website on the 10th, but parents were told when they broke up last week:

https://www.habsgirls.org.uk/2018/07/10 ... -for-habs/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They've poached the Head of St Margaret's, Bushey.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

She must have applied to be Head so it cannot be described as 'poaching' her ....
FAC51

Post by FAC51 »

Guest55 wrote:She must have applied to be Head so it cannot be described as 'poaching' her ....
I'm sure it wasn't at all like "tapping-up" in football, where intermediaries let the target know that an application will be very favourably considered !!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

FAC51 wrote:
Guest55 wrote:She must have applied to be Head so it cannot be described as 'poaching' her ....
I'm sure it wasn't at all like "tapping-up" in football, where intermediaries let the target know that an application will be very favourably considered !!
I hope it wasn't too as that would be illegal and another candidate could complain.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

I know of Heads of more academic schools who also applied so she must have been a much stronger candidate, DG
FAC51

Post by FAC51 »

Guest55 wrote:I hope it wasn't too as that would be illegal and another candidate could complain.
Serious question now:

In the private sector, is it "illegal" to have a preferred candidate? Especially in this case when all candidates are likely to have been of the same race and gender.

Daogroupie wrote:I know of Heads of more academic schools who also applied so she must have been a much stronger candidate, DG
Habs parents I know are placing their faith in her time at St Albans, before she became Head of St Margaret's.