Help please!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mayura kale

Help please!!

Post by mayura kale »

My Son is currently at the end of year 4. Soon to be year 5. We live in Watford and we would like him to attempt getting into South West Herts Consortium (preferably Parmiter ’s, Queens or Watford Grammar.

I’m baffled by the 11+ exam system (I grew up abroad, so no personal experience of it). My son (born in the UK) is a bright boy and is doing well at school. I’ve tried doing some home studying but need help from someone with experience and knowledge of this thing. While I don’t want to put too much pressure on him, I do want him to give his best shot.

Are there any tutors (preferably around Watford) you lovely well-informed people can recommend? We are looking for 1 to 1 tutoring. Any other tips?
yoyo123

Re: Help please!!

Post by yoyo123 »

I have moved your post to the region section. Hopefully, more people will see it then.
Can I remind other posters that recommendations should be by PM.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

It really is not baffling at all.

What is it that you find baffling?

The students sit an exam and places are allocated by the highest scores in the exam.

It is just like the World Cup and the Olympics. The applicants who perform better than the other applicants secure the place.

I know parents who have only just arrived in this country and hardly speak any English who manage to deal with it.

You do of course have the option to pay a tutor to deal with it for you and there are plenty of tutors in Watford who can do just that.

It is excellent that you are looking now as the SW Herts Consortium exam is in 8 weeks time so there will be plenty of tutors with places to allocate in September.

Make sure you ask for references so you have a tutor who knows the formal of the exams.

The VR changed 4 years ago so make sure you have a tutor that has students who have secured a place in the last 4 years. DG
mayura kale

Post by mayura kale »

Thank you for your reply. It is not the exam and system that is baffling it is finding a tutor which is tricky .
Your advice will help in choosing one for my son.

Regards
May
NIDAS

Post by NIDAS »

mayura kale wrote:Thank you for your reply. It is not the exam and system that is baffling it is finding a tutor which is tricky .
Your advice will help in choosing one for my son.

Regards
May
Hi,

I have sent a PM.

regards,
Ni
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now