Scholarship assessment - Gad's Hill

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ciaowood

Scholarship assessment - Gad's Hill

Post by ciaowood »

Hi. I've arranged for my daughter to sit a scholarship assessment in September for entry in Yr 7. It tells us it will be similar to the 11 plus and will cover maths, English, verbal and non verbal. I just wondered if anyone had any experience with sitting one of these assessments or what the school may be looking for? The scholarship has the potential to cover 100% of fees. We're certainly not getting ahead of ourselves and don't expect an offer but am very intreagued. We are preparing for the 11 plus, both Kent and Medway, and presume concentrating on these tests will be sufficient for this assessment too. Thanks for any info.
mad?

Re: Scholarship assessment

Post by mad? »

Hi, I'm answering in the absence of any specific help but it might be beneficial if you named the school in case anyone has direct experience of it.
IME scholarships are usually awarded after general entrance exam and then interview so that a school can be sure they are offering the 'most able'. I appreciate this might be different in a grammar selective area such as Kent. I'm surprised that a scholarship of 100% is on offer TBH as IMO scholarships are rarely more that 50% (and usually much less) but can be topped up with bursaries which can run to 100%. Sorry for the abbreviations I am watching the world cup final and Wimbledon final at the same time. Good luck
mad?
ciaowood

Post by ciaowood »

Ha ha re sport! Thank you for replying. Yes I should have said which school, it's Gad's Hill. I think previously the scholarship has been up to 75% but our correspondence says up to 100% - I'm not sure what the circumstances would be to be offered 100%. Interesting to know about potential interviews too. Thank you.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Private schools tend to do standard format English and Maths and not CEM although the London consortium has just moved to CEM.

You would be better off naming the school for further support. DG
doodles

Post by doodles »

OP has done this in the post before DAO, it's Gad's Hill.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
mad?

Post by mad? »

ciaowood wrote:Ha ha re sport! Thank you for replying. Yes I should have said which school, it's Gad's Hill. I think previously the scholarship has been up to 75% but our correspondence says up to 100% - I'm not sure what the circumstances would be to be offered 100%. Interesting to know about potential interviews too. Thank you.
Ah I'm afraid I'm not familiar with this school but maybe if you add its name to your thread title someone who is will spot it and will offer help/advice.
mad?
olucares

Post by olucares »

Gads Hill is not a selective school, my guess is that your preparation for Kent/Medway will be sufficient for their exam.
ciaowood

Re: Gad's Hill Scholarship assessment

Post by ciaowood »

Thanks all - I've added Gad's to the title.