2009 admissions

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

watmum

2009 admissions

Post by watmum »

Does anyone know historically, when the Watford consortium schools publish their new admissions criteria?

I am eagerly awaitng the 2009 details, and it seems to be taking an age :shock: I kind of expected them to be updated after Easter, maybe they will do it after May half term?
WP

Re: 2009 admissions

Post by WP »

watmum wrote:Does anyone know historically, when the Watford consortium schools publish their new admissions criteria?

I am eagerly awaiting the 2009 details, and it seems to be taking an age :shock: I kind of expected them to be updated after Easter, maybe they will do it after May half term?
They were legally required to have determined them by the end of April. The Grammar schools had an announcement in the paper last week, and their criteria are up on their websites. Parmiter's announced theirs the week before, but they're not on their website. As far as I know, none of them are changing anything.
watmum

Post by watmum »

Yes, thanks WP, I saw both of those in the Watford Observer, I had kind of expected their websites to be updated by now.

Does anyone know, if you have a child join Parmiter's in the sixth form, can a future sibling then follow on in the lower school? I know that the Boys and Girls grammar prohibit this in their criteria, but does any one know if it happens at Parmiter's??
WP

Post by WP »

watmum wrote:Does anyone know, if you have a child join Parmiter's in the sixth form, can a future sibling then follow on in the lower school? I know that the Boys and Girls grammar prohibit this in their criteria, but does any one know if it happens at Parmiter's??
Their published arrangements have no such exception, so they should follow that (i.e. if they didn't you'd have a strong case at appeal). In any case, the older sibling wouldn't count if they were in the upper Sixth at the time of application, because they'd no longer be in the school at the time of admission of the younger sibling.
watmum

Post by watmum »

yes, good point about upper sixth former, I do get confused over whether it is "time of application" or "time of admission", I seem to think it has changed about over the years? I know my son was caught up in a wrangle over this wording when we applied to primary school, and the local council/govt did a big u-tun at the time, and he got his place fine, but it was hit and miss.
WP

Post by WP »

watmum wrote:yes, good point about upper sixth former, I do get confused over whether it is "time of application" or "time of admission", I seem to think it has changed about over the years? I know my son was caught up in a wrangle over this wording when we applied to primary school, and the local council/govt did a big u-tun at the time, and he got his place fine, but it was hit and miss.
The new Admissions Code introduced last year mandated "time of admission".
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now