Maths calculator help

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
kal12003

Maths calculator help

Post by kal12003 »

Can anyone point me in the right direction for help with calculator maths questions. Dd is in year 9 and a year into her gcse courses, she is lower set maths and has scored really low in her calculator end of year exam. Ideally I'm looking for a study book that will help her however I can't seen to find anything via online searches.
Guest55

Re: Maths calculator help

Post by Guest55 »

You need to get the paper back to see what is going wrong. There are no specific books for the calculator papers - the topics will include anything but of course ones where you need to use a calculator like trigonometry [if that has been covered].

Many students do worse on the calculator paper! Once you find out which topics it is then I can help further :)
kal12003

Post by kal12003 »

Thank you. I believe DD has the paper back so I will dig that out and see if there's anything glaringly obvious and post back on here. Unfortunately maths is far from my strong point so the help I can offer her is limited!
SteveDH

Post by SteveDH »

Also this may sound obvious, but also make sure your DD knows how to use all the various relevant features of the calculator and to practice them.