sutton grammar induction

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

surreymum

sutton grammar induction

Post by surreymum »

Has anyone whose son is going to sutton grammar had info about parents information evening and induction events for boys yet?
Drastic Dad

Post by Drastic Dad »

From school's web site:
A date for your diary! Open Evening is on Thursday 18th September 4-9pm

This year's Selection Test will take place on Saturday 22nd November 2008.

Results will be posted on 3rd March 2009.
There is a mock-test to be held as well.

http://www.suttongrammar.sutton.sch.uk/admissions/
http://www.suttongrammar.sutton.sch.uk/
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

Thanks for the info, but actually I meant for the boys who have been offered a place for this September.:)

Previously they have had 3 sports days at the end of the summer holiday so the boys get to meet eachother and an info evening for parents and we have heard nothing yet this year.
melinda

Post by melinda »

Hi Surreymum,

The last lot of forms etc I got from the school mentioned they would write again in May with lots of information.
I assume that the uniform, induction days etc etc will be included in that information.
I know others have heard from their respective schools, so I guess if we don't hear in the next week or so it would be a little odd.
Will let you know.
poppy

Post by poppy »

Hi, Received an enormous envelope crammed full of information this morning, including dates for induction days. You should get yours soon.
melinda

Post by melinda »

Yes, I got an envelope as well. Appears to be mostly made up of requests for money!!
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

Yes, mine arrived too!
geling

Post by geling »

Hi, Surrymum,

i read another thread about countribution money to Tiffin, which is £520 per year. (I think the fee is very reasonable!) Would you mind telling us how much the Sutton Boy asked ? Thanks.
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

They haven't asked yet! When my eldest went there 3 years ago, they asked us at the parents evening in the summer. I think they asked us for a direct debit for £30 a month, but made it clear that this was a suggested figure and would be grateful for whatever they got.
From what I have heard Wilsons are far more aggressive and persistent about money.
I have to say that I pay very happily. I would have paid for independent school if the boys hadn't passed in order to secure the education I want them to have (painful though it would have been) and I see the grammar school doing on a shoestring what the independent schools do easily. I also would have no worries about not paying this amount if I thought I couldn't afford it.

Clearly there are very strong views out there about these contributions. The fact is these schools do not have adequate resources to do everything. I feel I am in a position to support them and do so willingly.
geling

Post by geling »

Thank you very much for telling me this.

100% sure i am going to pay whatever asked! Some of the parents in another thread seem to take advantage of the word "VOLUNTARY" without shame . Anyway, that's my opinion.

My son didn't make it at Sutton Boy. However, the boys there are so charming and sociable. Very very impressive indeed! Hope your sons enjoy their stay there.