sports kit for STRS Y7 starters

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Lysander

sports kit for STRS Y7 starters

Post by Lysander »

DS starts in Y7 in September. Do we need trainers, cross-country running shoes and rugby boots? And football boots too? And do they need shin pads? I can't quite work it out. Also, I know they pay for things using fingerprints - do parents get sent details on how to top up the credit on this before term starts, or do they need packed lunches on the first day?
RedVelvet

Re: sports kit for STRS Y7 starters

Post by RedVelvet »

I think it depends how sporty your son is. They don't seem too strict on PE kit. So my one son had shin pads, rugby boots, trainers and cricket spikes. My other son just has a pair of trainers! They do need proper swim shorts though and swimming may be their first sport.

Hopefully someone else who's just finished yr 7 can help with fingerprint payment, as both my boys were already there when it started. I think maybe lunch on the first day, as they'll need to record the boys' fingerprints.

Hope your son has a great start there, couldn't be happier with the school.
Kaybee

Re: sports kit for STRS Y7 starters

Post by Kaybee »

Hi Lysander,
My son also starts yr 7 at STR in Sept (7S) They definitely need rugby boots (not football) and trainers. That’s a good point you raised about school lunch on the first day.
Have you joined the new starters FB page? You might get more luck with your questions there?

PM me if you need the link.

Kaybee x